We're leaving on July 9th for Rome. We've done this tip more than 15 times already but this year it's different: we now have FOUR kids (had twins two years ago).
So the car rental situation is obviously ruining us and I'm wondering if there are any solutions to rent a 7-seat car at affordable prices. We're there for 39 days. The lowest price I saw was more than 6K !!
Our solution will be to rent two cars but my wife doesn't drive. My father in law will have to drive eight hours (roundtrip) at our arrival and departure. If we can avoid this at a reasonable price, I'm all ears!
Our 2nd option to rent a smaller car is to get the Audi A1 Sportback (or similar) from Europcar.com. It only has 4 seats and a tiny trunk but we'll take two kids and the father in law will take the other two. Any opinion on that car?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 2 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 5 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 6 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 7 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 12 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Bruges
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 18 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 19 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 20 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 21 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 22 Planning A trip
- 23 A week in the Occitanie
- 24 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 25 Paris Neighborhood Help