We're leaving on July 9th for Rome. We've done this tip more than 15 times already but this year it's different: we now have FOUR kids (had twins two years ago).
So the car rental situation is obviously ruining us and I'm wondering if there are any solutions to rent a 7-seat car at affordable prices. We're there for 39 days. The lowest price I saw was more than 6K !!
Our solution will be to rent two cars but my wife doesn't drive. My father in law will have to drive eight hours (roundtrip) at our arrival and departure. If we can avoid this at a reasonable price, I'm all ears!
Our 2nd option to rent a smaller car is to get the Audi A1 Sportback (or similar) from Europcar.com. It only has 4 seats and a tiny trunk but we'll take two kids and the father in law will take the other two. Any opinion on that car?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 2 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 3 UK in May and June
- 4 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 5 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 6 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 7 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 8 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 11 Globus Iberian Tour
- 12 Spain: train/rental car help
- 13 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 14 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 15 Budapest Card
- 16 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 17 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 18 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 19 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Bath/Cotswolds
- 22 Shorts in South of France?
- 23 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 24 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 25 base for Andalucia