We're leaving on July 9th for Rome. We've done this tip more than 15 times already but this year it's different: we now have FOUR kids (had twins two years ago).
So the car rental situation is obviously ruining us and I'm wondering if there are any solutions to rent a 7-seat car at affordable prices. We're there for 39 days. The lowest price I saw was more than 6K !!
Our solution will be to rent two cars but my wife doesn't drive. My father in law will have to drive eight hours (roundtrip) at our arrival and departure. If we can avoid this at a reasonable price, I'm all ears!
Our 2nd option to rent a smaller car is to get the Audi A1 Sportback (or similar) from Europcar.com. It only has 4 seats and a tiny trunk but we'll take two kids and the father in law will take the other two. Any opinion on that car?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 2 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 3 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 4 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 5 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 6 Revised itinerary for italy
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 12 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 15 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 16 Flamenco in October
- 17 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 18 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 19 4 days itinerary for France
- 20 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 21 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 22 getting to CDG
- 23 A Month stay in Southern France
- 24 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 25 3 days in Ortygia Sicily