We're leaving on July 9th for Rome. We've done this tip more than 15 times already but this year it's different: we now have FOUR kids (had twins two years ago).
So the car rental situation is obviously ruining us and I'm wondering if there are any solutions to rent a 7-seat car at affordable prices. We're there for 39 days. The lowest price I saw was more than 6K !!
Our solution will be to rent two cars but my wife doesn't drive. My father in law will have to drive eight hours (roundtrip) at our arrival and departure. If we can avoid this at a reasonable price, I'm all ears!
Our 2nd option to rent a smaller car is to get the Audi A1 Sportback (or similar) from Europcar.com. It only has 4 seats and a tiny trunk but we'll take two kids and the father in law will take the other two. Any opinion on that car?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid airport question
- 2 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 3 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 4 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 5 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Things to do in Brussels
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 11 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 12 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 13 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 14 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 15 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 38 Days in Paris
- 19 Naxos car rental
- 20 Greek Islands (small)
- 21 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 22 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 question on Barcelona itinerary