We're leaving on July 9th for Rome. We've done this tip more than 15 times already but this year it's different: we now have FOUR kids (had twins two years ago).
So the car rental situation is obviously ruining us and I'm wondering if there are any solutions to rent a 7-seat car at affordable prices. We're there for 39 days. The lowest price I saw was more than 6K !!
Our solution will be to rent two cars but my wife doesn't drive. My father in law will have to drive eight hours (roundtrip) at our arrival and departure. If we can avoid this at a reasonable price, I'm all ears!
Our 2nd option to rent a smaller car is to get the Audi A1 Sportback (or similar) from Europcar.com. It only has 4 seats and a tiny trunk but we'll take two kids and the father in law will take the other two. Any opinion on that car?
Thanks to all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 5 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 6 5 Days in Switzerland
- 7 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 8 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 9 Spain in July
- 10 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 11 International Flight Question
- 12 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 13 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 14 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 19 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 20 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 21 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 Interesting places to visit
- 24 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base