I've been lurking and absorbing lots a great info as we plan our first family trip to Europe next summer. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion for travel! I have question on how long to keep a rental car. We're a family of five (from the U.S) travelling next June, flying into Venice and out of Rome. Our itinerary is Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Rome (I haven't made any hotel or apartment reservations yet but have our air tix). We're planning on driving from Venice to Tuscany and Tuscany to the Amalf Coast, staying in either Sorrento or Positano. My dilemma is whether to keep the car on the Amalfi coast and drop it off outside of Rome, or drop the car off on the Amalfi Coast and train to Rome. Also, of the locations for picking up a car in Venice is one preferred (airport, non-airport)? Thanks!
Italy Car Rental
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 2 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 3 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 4 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 7 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 8 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 16 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 17 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 23 Planning a holiday
- 24 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 25 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!