I've been lurking and absorbing lots a great info as we plan our first family trip to Europe next summer. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion for travel! I have question on how long to keep a rental car. We're a family of five (from the U.S) travelling next June, flying into Venice and out of Rome. Our itinerary is Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Rome (I haven't made any hotel or apartment reservations yet but have our air tix). We're planning on driving from Venice to Tuscany and Tuscany to the Amalf Coast, staying in either Sorrento or Positano. My dilemma is whether to keep the car on the Amalfi coast and drop it off outside of Rome, or drop the car off on the Amalfi Coast and train to Rome. Also, of the locations for picking up a car in Venice is one preferred (airport, non-airport)? Thanks!
Italy Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy
- 2 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 3 Apartments in Verona and Bologna
- 4 Side trip from Geneva
- 5 Agritourism bed-and-breakfast in Normandy: Recommendations?
- 6 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 9 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 10 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 11 7 Nights in Paris
- 12 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 13 Can I cancel 2 of 4 train tickets?
- 14 21 Days in Central Europe
- 15 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 16 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 17 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 20 Overnight bus from Cappadocia to Pamukkale
- 21 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 22 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 23 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 24 Nice hotel (preferably with views) in Etretat, France?
- 25 A one-week car trip to Slovenia-Croatia (Bosnia?)