I've been lurking and absorbing lots a great info as we plan our first family trip to Europe next summer. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion for travel! I have question on how long to keep a rental car. We're a family of five (from the U.S) travelling next June, flying into Venice and out of Rome. Our itinerary is Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Rome (I haven't made any hotel or apartment reservations yet but have our air tix). We're planning on driving from Venice to Tuscany and Tuscany to the Amalf Coast, staying in either Sorrento or Positano. My dilemma is whether to keep the car on the Amalfi coast and drop it off outside of Rome, or drop the car off on the Amalfi Coast and train to Rome. Also, of the locations for picking up a car in Venice is one preferred (airport, non-airport)? Thanks!
Italy Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 3 Venice Banning Fodors
- 4 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 5 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 6 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 9 Eiffel tower tickets
- 10 Rome---August and September
- 11 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 14 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 15 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 16 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 17 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 18 France, Italy and Greec
- 19 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 20 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 21 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 22 South of France November Trip Report
- 23 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 24 Clearsky Holidays
- 25 Zurich to Basel transfer