I've been lurking and absorbing lots a great info as we plan our first family trip to Europe next summer. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion for travel! I have question on how long to keep a rental car. We're a family of five (from the U.S) travelling next June, flying into Venice and out of Rome. Our itinerary is Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Rome (I haven't made any hotel or apartment reservations yet but have our air tix). We're planning on driving from Venice to Tuscany and Tuscany to the Amalf Coast, staying in either Sorrento or Positano. My dilemma is whether to keep the car on the Amalfi coast and drop it off outside of Rome, or drop the car off on the Amalfi Coast and train to Rome. Also, of the locations for picking up a car in Venice is one preferred (airport, non-airport)? Thanks!
Italy Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 2 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 3 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 4 Which hotel in Lisbon?
- 5 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 6 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 7 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 8 Greek Islands: Naxos, Paros, Milos or Chania Town? May 2014
- 9 Florence/Tuscany and Rome - help with details!!
- 10 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 11 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 12 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 13 Villa Borghese - Neighborhood restaurants?
- 14 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 15 Porto to Lisbon
- 16 How much time in Lisbon?
- 17 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 18 5 or 6 day tours from Lisbon, HELP !
- 19 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 20 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 21 Zermatt, Switzerland
- 22 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 23 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 24 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 25 St Christophers Paris