I've been lurking and absorbing lots a great info as we plan our first family trip to Europe next summer. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion for travel! I have question on how long to keep a rental car. We're a family of five (from the U.S) travelling next June, flying into Venice and out of Rome. Our itinerary is Venice, Tuscany, Amalfi Coast, Rome (I haven't made any hotel or apartment reservations yet but have our air tix). We're planning on driving from Venice to Tuscany and Tuscany to the Amalf Coast, staying in either Sorrento or Positano. My dilemma is whether to keep the car on the Amalfi coast and drop it off outside of Rome, or drop the car off on the Amalfi Coast and train to Rome. Also, of the locations for picking up a car in Venice is one preferred (airport, non-airport)? Thanks!
Italy Car Rental
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 2 VISA question
- 3 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 4 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 5 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 6 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 7 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 8 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 9 France,Spain,Italy
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 12 Schengen Visa Rules
- 13 Rome or Stockholm - PLEASE HELP ME MAKE UP MY MIND
- 14 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 15 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 16 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 17 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 18 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 19 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 20 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 23 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea