I am grateful for any and all help.
I am planning a 5 week summer trip to Italy.
A bit about how we travel. It is me.. one adult and my two boys now ages 12 and 8.
We have been doing a summer trips like this for the last 5 years. The trips range from 4-6 weeks.
Usually we drive. For example last summer we did the Uk and Scotland - from London thru cotswolds
yorkshire, the boarders, highlands, edinburgh and back down.... with about a million stops... its was truely a great trip.
But what I have found is that the driving although to me it is the absolute best way to see new places exhausting.
So I am considering trying to do italy by train this summer. IT might not work out but I would like to give the itinerary a try. I have been to italy several times but I always picked up a car.. for Ravello or tuscany for example , I even think I used the car to drive to Venice.
I know from Rome to Florence via train and Siena I think I may have done via train although that may have been a different trip where we drove I dont recall. I wasnt sure if place like the lake region was train accesible that is an area I have not been to.
So I was hoping for some help putting together a train itnerary. We love art musums and small quaint villages .. and yes I already know that comment on the villages is gonna be a tough one going via train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 4 Questions about Polish sights
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 7 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 8 If you had to choose one......
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Ireland travel passport question
- 11 Italy
- 12 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Revised itinerary for italy
- 15 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 16 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 17 Biarritz family holiday
- 18 Lisbon hotel
- 19 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 20 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 21 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 22 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 23 4 Days in Tuscany
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days