I am grateful for any and all help.
I am planning a 5 week summer trip to Italy.
A bit about how we travel. It is me.. one adult and my two boys now ages 12 and 8.
We have been doing a summer trips like this for the last 5 years. The trips range from 4-6 weeks.
Usually we drive. For example last summer we did the Uk and Scotland - from London thru cotswolds
yorkshire, the boarders, highlands, edinburgh and back down.... with about a million stops... its was truely a great trip.
But what I have found is that the driving although to me it is the absolute best way to see new places exhausting.
So I am considering trying to do italy by train this summer. IT might not work out but I would like to give the itinerary a try. I have been to italy several times but I always picked up a car.. for Ravello or tuscany for example , I even think I used the car to drive to Venice.
I know from Rome to Florence via train and Siena I think I may have done via train although that may have been a different trip where we drove I dont recall. I wasnt sure if place like the lake region was train accesible that is an area I have not been to.
So I was hoping for some help putting together a train itnerary. We love art musums and small quaint villages .. and yes I already know that comment on the villages is gonna be a tough one going via train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 3 Itinerary help for 2 weeks vacation
- 4 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 5 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 6 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 7 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 8 I have six days in Spain - where should I go?
- 9 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 10 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 11 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 12 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 13 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 14 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 15 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 16 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 17 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 18 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 21 dinner jackets
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 London Pass vs. OysterCard,or get both?
- 24 Itinerary Help Needed. 8 Days in Greece~
- 25 Can i camp anywhere in Iceland?