I am grateful for any and all help.
I am planning a 5 week summer trip to Italy.
A bit about how we travel. It is me.. one adult and my two boys now ages 12 and 8.
We have been doing a summer trips like this for the last 5 years. The trips range from 4-6 weeks.
Usually we drive. For example last summer we did the Uk and Scotland - from London thru cotswolds
yorkshire, the boarders, highlands, edinburgh and back down.... with about a million stops... its was truely a great trip.
But what I have found is that the driving although to me it is the absolute best way to see new places exhausting.
So I am considering trying to do italy by train this summer. IT might not work out but I would like to give the itinerary a try. I have been to italy several times but I always picked up a car.. for Ravello or tuscany for example , I even think I used the car to drive to Venice.
I know from Rome to Florence via train and Siena I think I may have done via train although that may have been a different trip where we drove I dont recall. I wasnt sure if place like the lake region was train accesible that is an area I have not been to.
So I was hoping for some help putting together a train itnerary. We love art musums and small quaint villages .. and yes I already know that comment on the villages is gonna be a tough one going via train
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 2 Italian Honeymoon - But How!?!?
- 3 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 6 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 9 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 10 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 11 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Day trips around Vienna
- 16 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 17 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 18 Praiano hotel question
- 19 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 20 First time in Bulgaria
- 21 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 22 Killarney
- 23 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Madrid/Lisbon