I'm going to be visiting Italy and Reggio Emilia 8-12 July.
My flight arrives at Bergamo Airport and from there my plan is to take the train to Reggio Emilia.
I've googled a bit and Tranitalia seems to be the way to go.
My question is: should I buy tickets in advance?
I feel like it's safer and more convenient but perhaps I'm wrong..?
How easy is it to buy tickets, if I do not buy them in advance?
Do the trains leave from the airport or must I get out of the airport to some other station or something? If so: how do I do that in the easiest way possible?
Note: during these days there will be a EU summit and it will perhaps affect the amount of travellers and/or the workers on the trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 2 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 3 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 4 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 5 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 6 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 7 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 8 Italy in a week
- 9 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 10 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 11 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 12 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 13 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 14 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 15 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 16 My special places in Europe
- 17 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 18 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 19 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 20 Weather in Budapest in late September
- 21 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 22 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 23 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 24 Travelling with Vueling?
- 25 Night Bus?