I'm going to be visiting Italy and Reggio Emilia 8-12 July.
My flight arrives at Bergamo Airport and from there my plan is to take the train to Reggio Emilia.
I've googled a bit and Tranitalia seems to be the way to go.
My question is: should I buy tickets in advance?
I feel like it's safer and more convenient but perhaps I'm wrong..?
How easy is it to buy tickets, if I do not buy them in advance?
Do the trains leave from the airport or must I get out of the airport to some other station or something? If so: how do I do that in the easiest way possible?
Note: during these days there will be a EU summit and it will perhaps affect the amount of travellers and/or the workers on the trains.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 10 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 13 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 14 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 15 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 16 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 19 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 20 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 21 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 22 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 23 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 24 Piedmont as a destination
- 25 2 weeks Europe trip