I have been enjoying this forum for weeks. I've also been reading the big name travel books...Fodor's, Frommer's and Steve's. My husband and I are planning our first trip to Italy next spring. We are 50 somethings and celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary. After much thought we have decided to go for 3 weeks (20 touring days)and spend all of the time in Italy. We'd considered combining with a cruise and our son thinks we should visit another country on the way home just because.
Right now I am thinking begin in Rome (4 nights or so), then travel to the Amalfi Coast. I'm thinking of Sorrento for a home base with a 1 or 2 night stay on Capri. We love hiking and any outdoor pursuits. Let's say 5-6 nights total. Next north to Tuscany possibly based in Siena. I'm still reading about Tuscany and Umbria. We would end our trip in Venice and fly home from there.
My itinerary is not at all etched in stone. I'd like to leave around April 13 and return on May 4. This time suits both our jobs well. My concerns are the weather being too cool to enjoy the coast and the fact that we will be in Italy for 2 national holidays. April 25 and May 1. We certainly can shift the date. One week earlier is the Saturday after Easter. If we left earlier we would miss the May holiday.
I'm anxious for the opinions of all you experienced travelers. Once I pin down the dates I can start to look for bargain airfare. Then I can really fine tune my length of stay in different areas. I am a second generation Italian in the States and I love my heritage. I'd like to have a chance to savor our experience and not rush here and there.
Thanks in advance for any help you can be.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 영종도바카라■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■인터넷바카라ワ인터넷바카라
- 2 F1카지노사이트■▥■『KIA700.CoM』■▤■슈퍼카지노へ슈퍼카지노
- 3 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 4 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 5 Avoid Europcar!
- 6 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Scotland - We're Here!
- 9 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 10 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 11 Cinque Terre trip/trains
- 12 European Vacation 2017
- 13 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 14 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 15 Need help in completing trip details
- 16 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 17 Which area to stay in London
- 18 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 19 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 20 Madrid food advice needed
- 21 A couple last minute questions before my first trip to Barcelona
- 22 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 23 Split to Hvar
- 24 Paris for children
- 25 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!