I am planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland in Oct beginning for 2 weeks this year. I am going with my husband. We both are in late 20s.
In Italy, we would like to cover Rome, Florence and Venice. I understand 2 weeks for covering both the countries might seem a bit less but given the diversity between the places, we would like to cover both places together plus it would be economical
In Italy, we would like to visit the important places in the 3 cities mentioned above including Vatican city.
Could you please help us in planning how many days we should spend in each city? I am assuming around 8 days for Italy and another 4 for Switzerland. I am excluding the 2 days for travel. For travel between Italy and Switzerland, we are planning to travel during night to save a day
Also, during our 4 day stay at Switzerland we would like to visit only the most beautiful places there given the time constraints. What are the places we can consider for our 4 day stay in Switzerland?
Does the plan of doing both countries sound feasible given we are aiming to cover the important places in Italy and a few in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 3 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 4 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 5 14 days in Italy. Advice needed
- 6 Roadtrip: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Luxemburg
- 7 Matera tour guide wanted
- 8 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Service dog
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 14 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 15 Coastal Denmark
- 16 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 17 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 18 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 19 Iceland
- 20 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 21 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 24 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 25 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco