I am planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland in Oct beginning for 2 weeks this year. I am going with my husband. We both are in late 20s.
In Italy, we would like to cover Rome, Florence and Venice. I understand 2 weeks for covering both the countries might seem a bit less but given the diversity between the places, we would like to cover both places together plus it would be economical
In Italy, we would like to visit the important places in the 3 cities mentioned above including Vatican city.
Could you please help us in planning how many days we should spend in each city? I am assuming around 8 days for Italy and another 4 for Switzerland. I am excluding the 2 days for travel. For travel between Italy and Switzerland, we are planning to travel during night to save a day
Also, during our 4 day stay at Switzerland we would like to visit only the most beautiful places there given the time constraints. What are the places we can consider for our 4 day stay in Switzerland?
Does the plan of doing both countries sound feasible given we are aiming to cover the important places in Italy and a few in Switzerland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 6 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 7 Road trip with our dog
- 8 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 9 italy Cinque Terre
- 10 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 11 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 12 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 13 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 14 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 15 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 16 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 17 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 18 Spanish Medical Providers
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Can parking
- 23 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 24 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 25 VAT refund transferring through CDG