I am planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland in Oct beginning for 2 weeks this year. I am going with my husband. We both are in late 20s.
In Italy, we would like to cover Rome, Florence and Venice. I understand 2 weeks for covering both the countries might seem a bit less but given the diversity between the places, we would like to cover both places together plus it would be economical
In Italy, we would like to visit the important places in the 3 cities mentioned above including Vatican city.
Could you please help us in planning how many days we should spend in each city? I am assuming around 8 days for Italy and another 4 for Switzerland. I am excluding the 2 days for travel. For travel between Italy and Switzerland, we are planning to travel during night to save a day
Also, during our 4 day stay at Switzerland we would like to visit only the most beautiful places there given the time constraints. What are the places we can consider for our 4 day stay in Switzerland?
Does the plan of doing both countries sound feasible given we are aiming to cover only the important places in Italy and a few in Switzerland?
Italy and Switzerland in 2 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 3 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 4 Too many Trip Reports
- 5 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 6 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 7 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 8 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 9 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 15 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 16 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 17 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 18 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 19 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 20 Help with England/Wales tour
- 21 Reykjavik hotels
- 22 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 23 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 24 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 25 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report