I am planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland in Oct beginning for 2 weeks this year. I am going with my husband. We both are in late 20s.
In Italy, we would like to cover Rome, Florence and Venice. I understand 2 weeks for covering both the countries might seem a bit less but given the diversity between the places, we would like to cover both places together plus it would be economical
In Italy, we would like to visit the important places in the 3 cities mentioned above including Vatican city.
Could you please help us in planning how many days we should spend in each city? I am assuming around 8 days for Italy and another 4 for Switzerland. I am excluding the 2 days for travel. For travel between Italy and Switzerland, we are planning to travel during night to save a day
Also, during our 4 day stay at Switzerland we would like to visit only the most beautiful places there given the time constraints. What are the places we can consider for our 4 day stay in Switzerland?
Does the plan of doing both countries sound feasible given we are aiming to cover only the important places in Italy and a few in Switzerland?
Italy and Switzerland in 2 weeks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A guide to Madrid
- 2 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 3 Switzerland Trip with Family
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 6 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 7 Venice, airport hotel ?
- 8 Using Obb website
- 9 BOS - CDG airfare in late April?
- 10 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 11 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 12 Zurich and other cities to visit?
- 13 Tight Transfer at Gatwick
- 14 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 15 Help me with this trip
- 16 "Chip" Credit Cards in Italy
- 17 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 18 Prague to Venice?? Best way?
- 19 Input on Switzerland Plus itinerary for August - September
- 20 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 21 Germany for 3 weeks
- 22 rail pass
- 23 anticipating Italian autostrada traffic in July to catch ferry
- 24 Dolce Far Niente....the sweetness of doing nothing (well almost) in Paris
- 25 Napoli Centrale: Luggage/Storage Lockers?