I am planning a trip to Italy and Switzerland in Oct beginning for 2 weeks this year. I am going with my husband. We both are in late 20s.
In Italy, we would like to cover Rome, Florence and Venice. I understand 2 weeks for covering both the countries might seem a bit less but given the diversity between the places, we would like to cover both places together plus it would be economical
In Italy, we would like to visit the important places in the 3 cities mentioned above including Vatican city.
Could you please help us in planning how many days we should spend in each city? I am assuming around 8 days for Italy and another 4 for Switzerland. I am excluding the 2 days for travel. For travel between Italy and Switzerland, we are planning to travel during night to save a day
Also, during our 4 day stay at Switzerland we would like to visit only the most beautiful places there given the time constraints. What are the places we can consider for our 4 day stay in Switzerland?
Does the plan of doing both countries sound feasible given we are aiming to cover only the important places in Italy and a few in Switzerland?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days to spend in europe
- 2 Seville in late January
- 3 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 4 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 5 Getting to CDG Airport from Le Marais
- 6 20 free days of Europe
- 7 RFID Protection
- 8 Beaches in Southern France
- 9 italy Cinque Terre and Lake Como
- 10 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 11 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 12 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 13 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 14 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 15 Travel WiFi - France
- 16 Venice to Rome via Pisa in 1 day
- 17 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 18 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 19 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 20 Spain Itinerary Help
- 21 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 22 Ireland one week
- 23 Berlin restaurant recs
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 Spain Trip Report