Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 4 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 Summer Travel order
- 8 10 days in Paris and......
- 9 Another tipping question: concierges
- 10 Brugge hotel help
- 11 Luggage Storage
- 12 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 13 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 14 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 15 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 18 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 19 LIsbon
- 20 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 21 International Flight Question
- 22 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 23 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 24 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 25 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base