Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 3 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 6 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 10 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 11 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 14 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 15 Iceland early december visit
- 16 Frankfurt to UK
- 17 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 18 God Save the Queen?
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 9 Days in Spain
- 22 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Spanish Medical Providers
- 25 Italy Car Scam