Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Theater in London
- 2 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Food in Positano
- 5 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 6 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 7 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 8 스위피 ▼ 접속 :≫sst39.com≪
- 9 Katyn massacres
- 10 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 11 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 12 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 13 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 14 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 15 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 16 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 17 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 18 Ireland hotel questions
- 19 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 20 Italy
- 21 Credit or debit card or cash in Europe
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 Emergencies in Ireland
- 24 If you had to choose one......
- 25 How to Pick Up Vatican Tickets