Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 3 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 4 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 5 Globus Iberian Tour
- 6 Spain: train/rental car help
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 9 Budapest Card
- 10 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 11 UK in May and June
- 12 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 13 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 14 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 15 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 16 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 17 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 18 Bath/Cotswolds
- 19 Shorts in South of France?
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 22 base for Andalucia
- 23 Italy travel plan help
- 24 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 25 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport