Me and my husband are travelling for a week's vacation to Italy late Sept -early Oct. We will be flying in and out of Rome and got exactly 7 days there. I know it is too less a time but that's all we could squeeze in due to some other personal commitments. It is going to be our first time in Europe, which is making me super excited and equally nervous.
Please help us with recommendations for a 7 day itinerary. We do want to cover a bit of Switzerland since it is too gorgeous.
My tentative plan is to -
- Land in Rome and head via train to Swiss on Day 1 - Zurich/ Luzern or Geneva
Spend 4 days in Swiss
- Last 3 days in Rome - explore Rome city on 1 day and maybe take a day trip to Venice on one day.
Does this sound feasible? Can you suggest which Swiss city should I head to from Rome? I checked the trains and usually it takes 7-8 hours to most of these places of Rome.
And maybe 2-3 cities which I should definitely cover in Swiss.
Is Venice doable in a day from Rome?
We are a young couple and we can manage a bit of extensive travel or walking and we are willing to stretch ourselves a bit to cover the key places. Ofcourse at the same time, we don't want to waste all the time in trains/ buses etc. as well. Am really confused.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 2 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 3 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 5 Northern Italy - where to go?
- 6 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 7 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget
- 8 Holiday in Austria
- 9 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 10 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 11 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 12 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 13 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Does Wroclaw, Krakow, Warsaw sound like a good 8-day Polish trip?
- 16 Retiring to Southern France
- 17 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 18 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 19 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 20 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 21 Brief trip report Naples
- 22 Advices about our itiniary
- 23 Staying in Ventimiglia vs France
- 24 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 25 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014