This is my first and probably the last chance to visit a bit of europe. I have 9 days and here is what i am looking for:
-I have to fly out of boston US, so i guess 2 days will be wasted in flying.
-So i have 7 days left for site seeing, i want to see the beauty of italy and swiss.
-i have a 1 yr old in tow, so i cant do a very hectic holiday.
-certainly on a budget
-i am not looking for good food, wine, museums, relaxing atmospere etc. I like to see beautiful views and move on, so i dont want to spend more than 2 days in one place.
-i looked at SBB site and saw they have 2 days-1 night scenic train trips (glacier express etc) for only~ $300 including hotel. am i understanding it right? would you recommend it?
- i need to figure out which towns etc to visit. ideally i would love the amalfi coast and venice. is that possible to do with a 1 yr old and combine with swiss train trips?
-lake region in italy is nice but i want to see more. i can spend a day there prehaps. please suggest a combination of possible italy cities that i can cover in 7 days with the swiss train trips.
thanks a ton in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVAST@ Installation renewal CONTACT☎18006817208 AVAST@Tec*h Supp0rt 24/7
- 2 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 3 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 4 Bruges
- 5 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 11 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 12 Positano vs. Amalfi vs. Praiano
- 13 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 14 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 15 OUR 2-WEEK SPANISH JOURNEY: MADRID, TOLEDO, AND ANDALUCIA!
- 16 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 17 Venice, Florence, Umbria, Rome, AND Amalfi?
- 18 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 21 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 22 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 23 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Birthday dinner in Salzburg