We are three girls in our 20's.
We arrive Arrive in Roma at 8:50 am on July 29.
We have one week in Italy as we have to be in Norway on the 5th.
Following is my IDEAL Itinerary. I know we do not have the time or energy to see all these places, my goal in posting this is to see all your opinions on which ones to nix and which to hold on to. How long to stay and what's a MUST-see. Lucca is the one city I don't want to miss, my great-gradparents were both from the town...it's drawing me there! We want to base ourselves out of one or two main cities to make life easier (and cheaper). So bear that in mind...any Ideas other than Roma?
Really, I want to absorb the essence of Italy. At this point the sights aren't as important to me as the culture, the raw energy that I hope to find on those enchanted streets.
Roma 2 days
Day 3: (I'm seeing now that this isn't possible as a day trip - would it be worth 1/2 our time in Italy? Or how should we see it...)
-Speed train to Firenze early in morning
-Small train to Lucca (spend the majority of the day there)
-Small Train to Pisa
-Small Train to Firenze
-Speed Train back to Rome
Roma 1 day
Train to Napoli
Ferry to Sorrento
-Stay in Sorrento
Travel Amalfi Coast (This is also something we'd really like to do)
Visit Pompeii & Herculanum
Ferry to Capri the next day (take our Bags)
-Spend the day there
-I Faraglioni and the Blue Grotto
-Ferry to Napoli and fly from there to Norway
-(So we need to get an evening flight out of there)
*Flying out of Napoli is going to get nixed. It is cheapest to fly from Roma to Trondheim, Norway. So we need to organize our trip to start and end with Roma. What is the best way to do that?
Fly in to Bodo (August 4th)
Take the ferry across to Leknes
Spend time in Narvik and Bodo (9-11)
Lofoten Island Exploration (12, 13)
Then What?….I want to go back to Italy
*We need suggestions on places to go/things to do in Norway as the majority of our trip is spent here.
Italy and Norway Itinerary - Please Review!!!
We are three girls in our 20's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 2 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 3 flea markets in France
- 4 What to wear
- 5 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 6 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 9 Spain tips beyond safety
- 10 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 13 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 14 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 15 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 16 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 19 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 20 german rail ticket question
- 21 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 22 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Prague flea markets
- 25 Tipping in Greece