We are three girls in our 20's.
We arrive Arrive in Roma at 8:50 am on July 29.
We have one week in Italy as we have to be in Norway on the 5th.
Following is my IDEAL Itinerary. I know we do not have the time or energy to see all these places, my goal in posting this is to see all your opinions on which ones to nix and which to hold on to. How long to stay and what's a MUST-see. Lucca is the one city I don't want to miss, my great-gradparents were both from the town...it's drawing me there! We want to base ourselves out of one or two main cities to make life easier (and cheaper). So bear that in mind...any Ideas other than Roma?
Really, I want to absorb the essence of Italy. At this point the sights aren't as important to me as the culture, the raw energy that I hope to find on those enchanted streets.
Roma 2 days
Day 3: (I'm seeing now that this isn't possible as a day trip - would it be worth 1/2 our time in Italy? Or how should we see it...)
-Speed train to Firenze early in morning
-Small train to Lucca (spend the majority of the day there)
-Small Train to Pisa
-Small Train to Firenze
-Speed Train back to Rome
Roma 1 day
Train to Napoli
Ferry to Sorrento
-Stay in Sorrento
Travel Amalfi Coast (This is also something we'd really like to do)
Visit Pompeii & Herculanum
Ferry to Capri the next day (take our Bags)
-Spend the day there
-I Faraglioni and the Blue Grotto
-Ferry to Napoli and fly from there to Norway
-(So we need to get an evening flight out of there)
*Flying out of Napoli is going to get nixed. It is cheapest to fly from Roma to Trondheim, Norway. So we need to organize our trip to start and end with Roma. What is the best way to do that?
Fly in to Bodo (August 4th)
Take the ferry across to Leknes
Spend time in Narvik and Bodo (9-11)
Lofoten Island Exploration (12, 13)
Then What?….I want to go back to Italy
*We need suggestions on places to go/things to do in Norway as the majority of our trip is spent here.
Italy and Norway Itinerary - Please Review!!!
We are three girls in our 20's.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Banning Fodors
- 2 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 3 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 4 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 5 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 6 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 7 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 8 Eiffel tower tickets
- 9 4-6 weeks
- 10 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 11 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 12 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 13 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 14 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 15 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 18 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 19 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 20 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 21 France, Italy and Greec
- 22 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 23 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 24 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 25 South of France November Trip Report