We are three girls in our 20's.
We arrive Arrive in Roma at 8:50 am on July 29.
We have one week in Italy as we have to be in Norway on the 5th.
Following is my IDEAL Itinerary. I know we do not have the time or energy to see all these places, my goal in posting this is to see all your opinions on which ones to nix and which to hold on to. How long to stay and what's a MUST-see. Lucca is the one city I don't want to miss, my great-gradparents were both from the town...it's drawing me there! We want to base ourselves out of one or two main cities to make life easier (and cheaper). So bear that in mind...any Ideas other than Roma?
Really, I want to absorb the essence of Italy. At this point the sights aren't as important to me as the culture, the raw energy that I hope to find on those enchanted streets.
Roma 2 days
Day 3: (I'm seeing now that this isn't possible as a day trip - would it be worth 1/2 our time in Italy? Or how should we see it...)
-Speed train to Firenze early in morning
-Small train to Lucca (spend the majority of the day there)
-Small Train to Pisa
-Small Train to Firenze
-Speed Train back to Rome
Roma 1 day
Train to Napoli
Ferry to Sorrento
-Stay in Sorrento
Travel Amalfi Coast (This is also something we'd really like to do)
Visit Pompeii & Herculanum
Ferry to Capri the next day (take our Bags)
-Spend the day there
-I Faraglioni and the Blue Grotto
-Ferry to Napoli and fly from there to Norway
-(So we need to get an evening flight out of there)
*Flying out of Napoli is going to get nixed. It is cheapest to fly from Roma to Trondheim, Norway. So we need to organize our trip to start and end with Roma. What is the best way to do that?
Fly in to Bodo (August 4th)
Take the ferry across to Leknes
Spend time in Narvik and Bodo (9-11)
Lofoten Island Exploration (12, 13)
Then What?….I want to go back to Italy
*We need suggestions on places to go/things to do in Norway as the majority of our trip is spent here.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 KASPERSKY Tec*h SUPP0*RT CONTACT ☎ 1:8OO:681:72O8 *SECURITY 24*7
- 2 Geeks : Get the App CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 MS OUTLOOK Tec*h SUPP0RT*CAre
- 3 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 4 Greece
- 5 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 6 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 7 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 8 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 9 Spain - day driver advice
- 10 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 11 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 12 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 13 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 14 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 15 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 16 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 17 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 London with Teens Trip Report
- 20 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 21 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Berlin to ?
- 24 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 25 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
We are three girls in our 20's.