I need some help planning my trip to Italy and Greece this coming Summer. I'm heading to the area for 20 days (2 for travel in and out of course), and wanted to include Venice, Florence, Rome (for maybe a day), then Athens and Santorini. I've been looking at passage through Eurorail, as well as flights in and out of Athens from Rome. I was thinking maybe 2 Days in Venice, 3-4 in Florence, 1 day in Rome, 2 in Athens and 3-4 in Santorini. I realize that gives me an extra 6 Days, but I'm unsure with travel times, as well as maybe even adding in an extra country, such as Venice, Hungary, or even as far as Amsterdam or Belgium. Any input would be much appreciated.
PS. For reference, I'm hoping to fly into Venice and out of Athens (depending)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 2 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 3 Back from Paris
- 4 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 5 London Hotels
- 6 Iceland in 7 days.
- 7 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 LIsbon
- 10 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 11 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 12 Luggage Storage
- 13 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 14 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 19 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 20 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 21 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Destination from London by train, advice please