I need some help planning my trip to Italy and Greece this coming Summer. I'm heading to the area for 20 days (2 for travel in and out of course), and wanted to include Venice, Florence, Rome (for maybe a day), then Athens and Santorini. I've been looking at passage through Eurorail, as well as flights in and out of Athens from Rome. I was thinking maybe 2 Days in Venice, 3-4 in Florence, 1 day in Rome, 2 in Athens and 3-4 in Santorini. I realize that gives me an extra 6 Days, but I'm unsure with travel times, as well as maybe even adding in an extra country, such as Venice, Hungary, or even as far as Amsterdam or Belgium. Any input would be much appreciated.
PS. For reference, I'm hoping to fly into Venice and out of Athens (depending)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 2 Germany in December Trip Report
- 3 Planning a European Trip
- 4 Lisbon trip report
- 5 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 6 Naples, Italy
- 7 Tour of Northern Italy
- 8 So much to do, so little time!
- 9 San Sebastian
- 10 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 13 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 14 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 15 French restaurants
- 16 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 22 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 23 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 24 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 25 Shoes in Scotland