I am brand new to Fodor's, so I hope I am doing this right!
I'm a 30 year old female from the United States and I am planning a 2 week trip to Italy and Greece in late June or early July 2014. This will be my first time traveling outside the U.S. and my first time traveling solo.
I know I want to visit Rome, Athens, and a few of the Greek Islands, including one with an amazing crystal blue and white sand beach! Other than visiting these places, I have no set plans so I welcome any and all comments, suggestions and advise you can provide about the following topics:
- solo travel versus a travel group
- what to pack
- tips for solo traveler and first time traveler
- Hotels and Hostels
- Whether to book ahead for tours, hostels, ferries, etc.
- Weather in Italy, Athens and the Greek Islands in June/July
- How to find other people who are going to same location at same time
I appreciate your help and Happy New Year!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Travel from Kensington, London to Cambridge
- 4 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 5 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 6 One week in Europe
- 7 3nights in Venice
- 8 London Theater
- 9 multi city flights to europe
- 10 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 11 bvlenci Could you answer some q's about le Marche from another poster?
- 12 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 13 My final Prague itinerary
- 14 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 15 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 16 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 19 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 20 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 21 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 22 Private Guide in Lyon
- 23 13 nights in switzerland
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday