I am brand new to Fodor's, so I hope I am doing this right!
I'm a 30 year old female from the United States and I am planning a 2 week trip to Italy and Greece in late June or early July 2014. This will be my first time traveling outside the U.S. and my first time traveling solo.
I know I want to visit Rome, Athens, and a few of the Greek Islands, including one with an amazing crystal blue and white sand beach! Other than visiting these places, I have no set plans so I welcome any and all comments, suggestions and advise you can provide about the following topics:
- solo travel versus a travel group
- what to pack
- tips for solo traveler and first time traveler
- Hotels and Hostels
- Whether to book ahead for tours, hostels, ferries, etc.
- Weather in Italy, Athens and the Greek Islands in June/July
- How to find other people who are going to same location at same time
I appreciate your help and Happy New Year!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 3 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 4 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 5 Versailles
- 6 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 11 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 12 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 16 driving from prague to salzburg
- 17 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 18 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 21 Germany train help!
- 22 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 25 Sicily