I am brand new to Fodor's, so I hope I am doing this right!
I'm a 30 year old female from the United States and I am planning a 2 week trip to Italy and Greece in late June or early July 2014. This will be my first time traveling outside the U.S. and my first time traveling solo.
I know I want to visit Rome, Athens, and a few of the Greek Islands, including one with an amazing crystal blue and white sand beach! Other than visiting these places, I have no set plans so I welcome any and all comments, suggestions and advise you can provide about the following topics:
- solo travel versus a travel group
- what to pack
- tips for solo traveler and first time traveler
- Hotels and Hostels
- Whether to book ahead for tours, hostels, ferries, etc.
- Weather in Italy, Athens and the Greek Islands in June/July
- How to find other people who are going to same location at same time
I appreciate your help and Happy New Year!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Metro
- 2 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 3 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 4 A few days outside Rome
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 7 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 8 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 9 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 10 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 14 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 15 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 getting to CDG
- 18 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 19 Cambrils
- 20 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 21 Amalfi Coast help
- 22 CDG airport and connection time
- 23 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 24 Day trip to Montserrat - any tips?
- 25 Amalfi coast hotel recs