I could use your expertise on an upcoming one year anniversary trip to Italy and Paris. As we are getting closer to booking our flights, I am realizing that we may have planned too much for our time in Europe. While I have never been to France or Italy, my husband is well travelled and has been to both...so we are trying to find a mixture of places that he has been/has not been.
Here's what we are thinking:
Day 1/2 - Arrive in Rome at 2:00 p.m.
Day 3 - Rome
Day 4 - Rome
Day 5 - Rome - travel to Amalfi Coast
Day 6 - Amalfi coast
Day 7 - Amalfi coast
Day 8 - Amalfi coast - travel to Naples to catch flight to Paris (arrive 3 pm)
Day 9 - Paris
Day 10 - Paris
Day 11 - Paris
Day 12 - Paris to home
Do you think this plan is doable? I am a bit skeptical with only 2 1/2 days in Rome if we should pick only one country. Although I have not been to Florence and Venice, my husband has been there. Are there other Italian must sees or romantic getaway spots that we should see instead of going to Paris?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 3 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 4 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 10 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 13 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 14 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 15 9 Days in Spain
- 16 Road trip with our dog
- 17 Frankfurt to UK
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 20 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Electrical Power Conversion
- 23 Douro Valley in January?
- 24 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 25 Switzerland Trip Report 7 Days September End