We wanted to give you an update of our eight days in Le Marche this past summer (after a conference in Rome). We fell in love with the people, the towns and the natural beauty of this area. We spent time in Urbino and in Ascoli Piceno, and were both they beautiful and interesting and were also good bases so that we could take day trips and spend time at the lakes and the sea. This was followed by our European family road trip with our children a few weeks later (described in another post).
We are now starting to plan next summer's vacation and are looking to travel through the Abruzzo region (looks wonderful, especially after watching the Magnifica Italia episode on this area).
We have about two weeks and I am wondering if you can suggest places to base ourselves. We would rather not have to move hotels too many times so maybe three different places would be best.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 2 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 3 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 4 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 5 Athens Help
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 9 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 12 Trains in Italy
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village