We wanted to give you an update of our eight days in Le Marche this past summer (after a conference in Rome). We fell in love with the people, the towns and the natural beauty of this area. We spent time in Urbino and in Ascoli Piceno, and were both they beautiful and interesting and were also good bases so that we could take day trips and spend time at the lakes and the sea. This was followed by our European family road trip with our children a few weeks later (described in another post).
We are now starting to plan next summer's vacation and are looking to travel through the Abruzzo region (looks wonderful, especially after watching the Magnifica Italia episode on this area).
We have about two weeks and I am wondering if you can suggest places to base ourselves. We would rather not have to move hotels too many times so maybe three different places would be best.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome Water Shortage
- 2 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 3 The DCC scam is spreading
- 4 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 5 Getting around London
- 6 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 7 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 8 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Train travel to and from Paris
- 11 Christmas in Spain
- 12 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 13 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 14 Vigo Spain????
- 15 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 16 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 19 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 20 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 21 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 24 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 25 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!