I was wondering if you could please take a look at my pending itinerary, I'll be visiting Italy in the beginning of May with my boyfriend, we are both in our 20s. We will be flying from Toronto to Rome, and flying out from there (something that I am sort of confused about as well). We will be there for 9 nights.
Here is our basic itinerary, please let me know if it is feasible/makes sense, and can be done, in terms of cities.
Friday Day 1: Arrival to Rome, relaxing, exploring, etc.
Saturday Day 2: Rome- Vatican, vatican museum
Sunday Day 3: Rome-colosseum, pantheon, spanish steps, trevi fountain
Monday Day 4: Leave for Salerno
Tuesday Day 5: day trips to either capri or position,
Wednesday Day 6: Leaving Salerno to Florence
Thursday Day 7: Florence - somewhere in these days id like to do day trips to lucca and pisa
Day 8: Florence day trips (Oh and a wine tour)
Day 9: Last day in florence
Day 10: leave florence to rome, going home.
1. Is 3 days in Rome enough? and is 4 days in Florence too much?
2. whats open and closed on the weekends/sundays?
3. Should I fly in/out of another city? the only reason Im doing rome is bc i found a good one way ticket with air transit, but the only other city they offer flights to is venice.
should i consider flying in/out of somewhere else? i just don't want to make things complicated in terms of transportation, train, etc.
Thank you all so much in advance, appreciate all your advice and expertise!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily help
- 2 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 3 Transport for local Venice travel
- 4 Borghese Gallery Question
- 5 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 6 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 7 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 8 London vacation rental agency
- 9 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 10 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 11 Towns around Lucca
- 12 Cork questions
- 13 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 14 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday