I was wondering if you could please take a look at my pending itinerary, I'll be visiting Italy in the beginning of May with my boyfriend, we are both in our 20s. We will be flying from Toronto to Rome, and flying out from there (something that I am sort of confused about as well). We will be there for 9 nights.
Here is our basic itinerary, please let me know if it is feasible/makes sense, and can be done, in terms of cities.
Friday Day 1: Arrival to Rome, relaxing, exploring, etc.
Saturday Day 2: Rome- Vatican, vatican museum
Sunday Day 3: Rome-colosseum, pantheon, spanish steps, trevi fountain
Monday Day 4: Leave for Salerno
Tuesday Day 5: day trips to either capri or position,
Wednesday Day 6: Leaving Salerno to Florence
Thursday Day 7: Florence - somewhere in these days id like to do day trips to lucca and pisa
Day 8: Florence day trips (Oh and a wine tour)
Day 9: Last day in florence
Day 10: leave florence to rome, going home.
1. Is 3 days in Rome enough? and is 4 days in Florence too much?
2. whats open and closed on the weekends/sundays?
3. Should I fly in/out of another city? the only reason Im doing rome is bc i found a good one way ticket with air transit, but the only other city they offer flights to is venice.
should i consider flying in/out of somewhere else? i just don't want to make things complicated in terms of transportation, train, etc.
Thank you all so much in advance, appreciate all your advice and expertise!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 2 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 3 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 4 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 7 London 6 day itinerary
- 8 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, aperitivo in Milan, Turin, Piedmont
- 9 Sim Cards
- 10 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 11 London in Winter Report
- 12 Portugal rental car
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Switzaly 2011: two sisters visit Zurich, Turin and Milan
- 15 IWM
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Seville to Cordoba
- 18 3 nights in Madrid
- 19 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 20 Travelling Iceland
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 23 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 24 Stowing Luggage at Florence for a day!
- 25 Trastevere Food