I was wondering if you could please take a look at my pending itinerary, I'll be visiting Italy in the beginning of May with my boyfriend, we are both in our 20s. We will be flying from Toronto to Rome, and flying out from there (something that I am sort of confused about as well). We will be there for 9 nights.
Here is our basic itinerary, please let me know if it is feasible/makes sense, and can be done, in terms of cities.
Friday Day 1: Arrival to Rome, relaxing, exploring, etc.
Saturday Day 2: Rome- Vatican, vatican museum
Sunday Day 3: Rome-colosseum, pantheon, spanish steps, trevi fountain
Monday Day 4: Leave for Salerno
Tuesday Day 5: day trips to either capri or position,
Wednesday Day 6: Leaving Salerno to Florence
Thursday Day 7: Florence - somewhere in these days id like to do day trips to lucca and pisa
Day 8: Florence day trips (Oh and a wine tour)
Day 9: Last day in florence
Day 10: leave florence to rome, going home.
1. Is 3 days in Rome enough? and is 4 days in Florence too much?
2. whats open and closed on the weekends/sundays?
3. Should I fly in/out of another city? the only reason Im doing rome is bc i found a good one way ticket with air transit, but the only other city they offer flights to is venice.
should i consider flying in/out of somewhere else? i just don't want to make things complicated in terms of transportation, train, etc.
Thank you all so much in advance, appreciate all your advice and expertise!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 6 Getting around London
- 7 Paris in August
- 8 Train travel to and from Paris
- 9 Christmas in Spain
- 10 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Vigo Spain????
- 13 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 14 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 15 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 16 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 17 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 18 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 19 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 20 Andalucia Spain
- 21 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 22 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 23 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 24 SURPRISE TRIP
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?