My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 2 Interesting Article About Capitaine Train
- 3 Dordogne & Languedoc - Gorges, Castles & Caves Itinerary Need Help Please
- 4 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 5 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 6 Italy things to do?
- 7 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 8 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 9 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 10 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 11 Spending money in Italy?
- 12 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 13 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 14 Getting cash in Spain
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 17 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 18 stop in lisboa or not
- 19 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 20 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 21 Paris Metro Closures??
- 22 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 23 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 24 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 25 a hostel in Moscow, Russia