My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 4 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 5 Aaah...Umbria!
- 6 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 7 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 8 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 9 Ghent or Paris?
- 10 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 11 Weather in the dolomites
- 12 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 13 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 14 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 15 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 16 Help for San Sebastian
- 17 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 18 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 19 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 20 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 21 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 22 Portugal - Coastal Guidance
- 23 German Rail Pass Questions
- 24 Timing for Lavender Fields in Provence for 2015 Trip
- 25 Provence : So many places too little time