My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving from Barcelona to Venice by car
- 2 Tipping in the UK
- 3 Using Debit Cards for Purchases
- 4 Scotland Explorer Pass
- 5 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 6 Europe in December for 10 days
- 7 Paris to Provence in 3 days ideas?
- 8 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 9 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 10 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 11 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 12 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 13 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 14 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 15 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 16 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 The "Perfect week" in Sicily???
- 19 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 20 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 My trip to Paris and Normandy June 2014
- 23 The elusive `Northern Lights` Where I go , they don`t!
- 24 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 25 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily