My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 2 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 3 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 4 dining in Brussels
- 5 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 6 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 7 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 8 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 9 using airbnb for the first time...
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 12 plug adapters ITALY
- 13 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 16 How to make this adventure work?
- 17 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 18 How much luggage?????
- 19 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 20 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 21 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 22 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 25 Vienna State Opera Tickets