My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 2 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 3 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Barcelona Transfers
- 6 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 7 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 8 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 9 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 10 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 11 Ireland in a week
- 12 Spain - Andalucia
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 15 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 18 2 Week European Itinerary
- 19 Chambermaid tipping
- 20 Channel Islands
- 21 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 22 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?