My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much luggage?????
- 2 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 3 Paris Marais, Montmartre and fairies wheel
- 4 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 5 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 6 Getting from airport to hotel in Prague
- 7 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 8 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 9 Advice for returning rental car to Florence airport
- 10 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 11 Terrorism in Europe
- 12 Credit Card Number stolen from hotel booking
- 13 London GTG late September?
- 14 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 15 eateries in Puglia
- 16 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 17 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 18 What will happen if I do not pay the penalty of ATAF bus in Florence
- 19 100 years of French gratitude
- 20 Need help with itinerary
- 21 Bringing Wine Home From France
- 22 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 23 Help with France itinerary
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?