My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Paris
- 2 Trip from Berlin to Romantic Road towns/Bavaria
- 3 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 4 What Have I Forgotten? Month in Europe Coming Up.
- 5 Plan for the Drive from York to Edinburgh
- 6 Greek Island honeymoon
- 7 Best way to get from Athens to Naples & rec for Greek Isles & Amalfi Coast
- 8 Europcar (via Kemwel) - rent GPS at pickup?
- 9 Best of Southern France and Spain
- 10 Tuscany: best day trips/tours - cooking classes, wines tours, other...
- 11 Traveling to Greece & Italy with FOOD allergy (tree nuts)
- 12 Rome - A Couple of Questions
- 13 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 14 2 for 1 tickets
- 15 London & Cotswolds Hotels
- 16 EUROPE IN 5 MONTHS
- 17 Choosing a Parmegiano Reggiano Dairy Farm to Visit
- 18 Split to Venice. Help!
- 19 Andaz Liverpool street or Hyde park?
- 20 Dijon or Beaune for overnight?
- 21 tour guides for Copenhagen?
- 22 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 23 Private Guide in Istanbul
- 24 First pass itinerary for Spain in October?
- 25 French Government Endorses Airbnb in Paris...