My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Best way to get from Brno to Budapest
- 4 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 5 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 Chip but no PIN
- 8 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 9 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 10 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 13 Stay near Paris
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 15 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 16 Oktoberfest reservations
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 19 Eurostar booking
- 20 Questions for my German friends
- 21 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?