My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 4 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 5 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 6 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 7 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 8 10 days in England
- 9 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 10 Drawing courses in Paris
- 11 Looking for add on city
- 12 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 13 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 14 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 15 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 16 Travel phones in France and Italy
- 17 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 18 cell phones in France
- 19 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 20 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 21 What do you wish you'd known about Iceland before you went?
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 What NOT TO WEAR in PARIS & ROME?! Women's Fashion Help!
- 24 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 25 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...