My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid - and where else in Spain in March?
- 2 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 3 How's this Budget (4-5 weeks in Spain and Italy)
- 4 First Solo Trip Spain/ Portugal
- 5 Papal audience-Easter
- 6 Voltage in UK and France
- 7 Cannot see Anadolu Ateşi in Antalya. Options in Istanbul?
- 8 Nature of France
- 9 Hotel Artorius in Rome
- 10 Day Trips by Train from Bologna: Florence, Faenza, Ravenna
- 11 Emilia Romagna Region
- 12 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 13 France--a month+ by car and train--ideas please!
- 14 Italy/France Itinerary - What do You Think?
- 15 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 16 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 17 Does this itinerary make sense for May 2015?
- 18 Bosphorus cruise in February?
- 19 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 20 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 21 Two Weeks in France in October '15
- 22 Families with kids: rental car or train in Lake Como, Wengen, and Munich?
- 23 Germany for 3 weeks
- 24 Croatia
- 25 car rental Italy/Croatia