My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 3 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 4 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 5 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 6 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 7 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 8 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 9 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 14 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 15 Which european city?
- 16 Southern Spain
- 17 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 18 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 19 Scotland November 2015
- 20 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 21 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 22 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 23 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 24 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)
- 25 Italy Countryside