My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 2 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 5 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 6 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 7 Small group for Colosseum
- 8 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 9 London visit
- 10 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 13 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 14 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 15 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 16 men's shoes spain
- 17 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 18 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 19 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 20 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 21 21 Days in Central Europe
- 22 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 23 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Your thoughts on location of apt in Cimiez area of Nice, France,