My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 2 Soccer (Football) tickets for Fiorentina game in early October
- 3 How Much Did You Like Slovenia?
- 4 Sardinia in early May
- 5 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 6 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 7 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 8 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 9 Photographer in Paris?
- 10 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 11 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 12 24-Hour Layover in Hamburg
- 13 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 14 Getting from Conrad Dublin to Train Station
- 15 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 16 Finistère Base
- 17 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 18 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 19 Traveling to Ireland and UK for 15 days
- 20 Murren in June by myself
- 21 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 22 Vienna - long weekend for 2nd weekend in Nov 2014?
- 23 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 24 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 25 Venice; recommendations