My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 6 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 9 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 10 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 Snowboarding in Poland
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 20 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 21 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 22 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 23 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 24 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 25 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?