My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 2 Trip Insurance
- 3 Draft of first trip of itinerary. Please help
- 4 Random Rome Questions
- 5 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 6 Help with Belgium-Netherlands Itinerary
- 7 Use of pre-booked non-PREMS tickets on French trains
- 8 Royal Palace vs. El Escorial
- 9 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 10 London experts--Look at my week's itinerary, please?
- 11 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 12 Berlin to Prague by car
- 13 Amsterdam B&B -- Tulipa -- Feedback Wanted
- 14 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 15 Help with Dalmatia Coast Itinerary
- 16 Itinerary question for Czech Republic for September trip
- 17 Stop between Munich and Frankfurt
- 18 Please tell me about your Russian visa experience.
- 19 Berlin, Dresden and Prague or Berlin and Vienna?
- 20 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 21 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 22 EuropeanQuiz # 70 ( Friday)
- 23 Where to stay in London
- 24 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 25 Barcelona for 9 nights....Day trips?