My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 4 Priceline for London hotels
- 5 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 6 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 7 Ireland itinerary
- 8 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 9 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 10 Fjords, How To?
- 11 Istanbul Itinerary
- 12 7 Nights in Paris
- 13 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 14 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 15 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 16 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 17 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 18 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 19 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 20 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 21 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 24 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 25 London - Site List Triage -