My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 2 Porto area, sights, day trips, areas to stay?
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 5 Raining in rome
- 6 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 7 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 8 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 9 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 10 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 11 Best town to stay in when visiting Grossglockner area in Austria?
- 12 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 13 İstanbul Travel guide
- 14 To live in Cinque Terre National Park
- 15 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 16 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 17 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 18 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 19 LIVIGNO - Ski School
- 20 Prague - cool & unusual things to see
- 21 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 22 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 23 Italian Lakes
- 24 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 25 Amsterdam and An Amputee