My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Florence over Christmas w kids
- 3 Trip Report : North of Spain
- 4 Best day trips from Paris
- 5 Santorini transportation
- 6 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 7 Has anyone used a Tour Guide in Sicily?
- 8 Gift for French business associate
- 9 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 10 Madrid: Must Try Local Food & Drink
- 11 Scotland Votes "No"
- 12 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 13 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 14 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 15 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 16 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 17 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 18 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 19 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 20 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 21 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 22 White Christmas
- 23 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 24 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 25 Gtg San Antonio