My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in May. It is our first trip to Europe. I am considering flying to Venice and spending 2 nights there, then take the train to Vernazza in Cinque Terra and spend another 2 nights. We then plan to rent a car and spend maybe 6 nights in Tuscany ( maybe Montepulciano ?) and explore the towns. Where would be the best place to rent a car? Could we pick up a car in Spieza and drop off in Florence? Will we have difficulty with no knowledge of the language? We are interested in scenery and photography as well as good food and wine. Will a day trip to Florence be enough? We are 60 and 65 and in good shape. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
- 1 Cheap Hotel in London vs. a Little More Expensive but More Central?
- 2 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 Garmisch-Partenkirchen accomodations
- 5 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 6 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 7 Rome Airport to Amalfi Coast
- 8 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 9 Paris metro
- 10 2 Week Trip to France - Please Help Me Stu Dudley
- 11 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 12 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 13 What is the best food in France?
- 14 Trenitalia
- 15 Estonia
- 16 Netherland -> Belgium -> West Germany for 18 days
- 17 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 18 Holiday rental home in Wengen
- 19 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 20 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 21 Tour company in Toledo
- 22 Travel with 13 Month Old
- 23 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 24 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 25 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal