I will be taking a cruise in June with my younger daughter and will be visiting Venice, Dubrovnik Croatia, Athens Greece, Izmir Turkey, Messina Sicily, Olbia, Sardina Italy, Rome, Livorno, Monaco, Marseilles France and was wondering if it is safe to get off the boat and just walk around and find our own tours (taxes/buses) or should I take the tours through the cruise? Are some places more safe that others. We have been on cruises and usually go off on our own before but never the Europe. Thanks
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice in Jan
- 2 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 3 Southern France
- 4 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 5 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 6 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 7 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 8 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 9 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 10 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 11 Spain Travel
- 12 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 13 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 14 Public transport from Ostuni
- 15 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 16 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 17 Itinerary Questions
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 20 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 21 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 22 Our Happy Return to Sunny Tuscany (plus a small bite of Bologna, too!)
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 Photo trip report - Belgium/France/Germany
- 25 Unique excursion/experience in Paris