We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 4 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 A few days outside Rome
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Paris Metro
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit