We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 2 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 3 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 4 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 5 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 6 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 7 Guided Vatican Tours
- 8 Couscous
- 9 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 10 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 11 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 12 Moscow Favorites
- 13 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 14 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 15 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 16 Ibiiza Spain
- 17 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 18 Cartagena Spain
- 19 3 nights in Madrid
- 20 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 21 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 22 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 23 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 24 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 25 Help with Ireland Trip