We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 2 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 3 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 4 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 5 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 8 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 9 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 10 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 11 Quizz !
- 12 Spanish Medical Providers
- 13 Iceland
- 14 Venice/Mestre
- 15 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 16 Our future trip to Greece
- 17 Russia in two weeks in December
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Christmas Day in Granada
- 20 car insurance italy
- 21 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 22 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 23 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 24 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 25 Transylvania - June 2018