We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Shorts in South of France?
- 2 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 3 Comments on Apt Location in Madrid
- 4 Alsace Wine Route during Harvest
- 5 Camogli and surrounds
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 8 Are DSLR cameras allowed for Papal Audience
- 9 Route des Vins
- 10 Which are the most beautiful tourist attractions, Tenerife Spain ?
- 11 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 base for Andalucia
- 14 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 15 Taxi or Aeroexpress from Domodedovo Airport to center of Moscow?
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 18 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 19 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 20 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 21 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 22 limousine services - milan - rome
- 23 Regarding Residence Permit
- 24 Flight from Athens to Santorini- is this enough time?
- 25 Homesaty