We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 2 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 3 CANNES MONACO EZE
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 Itinerary help...
- 6 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 7 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 8 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 9 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 10 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 11 3 weeks Spain w/ 2 kids under 5yrs in October
- 12 Where to buy nice soaps in Paris?
- 13 Lisbon or Cascais in July
- 14 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 15 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 16 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 17 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 A week in Paris
- 20 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 21 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 22 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 23 2 week itinery
- 24 Is it still fun to visit Paris?
- 25 Getting from Positano to Rome