We have been planning a trip to Italy next year (End of April/Beginning of May). It would be our first trip. Below is the itinerary that we have been thinking of:
1. Fly into Rome
2. Rome (5 nights) - 1 day trip if possible
2. Florence (5 nights) - 2 or 3 day trips
3. Venice (2 nights)
4. Fly out of Venice
My wife wants to extend the visit to 15 nights and visit Spain (Only Barcelona) also but after reading on this forum it seems hard. Do you guys think we could do this if we go for 3 weeks? I understand there are no set rules on how many days need to be spent in each city. I love history, archaeology and nature (small/rural towns).
Your input on this is much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 2 Versailles
- 3 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 4 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 8 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 9 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 10 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 driving from prague to salzburg
- 14 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 15 We're here!
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 18 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 19 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 24 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 25 Acorn TV