We are planning to travel to Italy for 2 weeks in May'2013 with our 2 kids (5 Years & 14 months old). We will be flying in Venice and plan to fly-out from Rome based. Need some feedback/advice on the below itinerary:
VENICE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 1 – Fly from NYC into Venice; hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 2 – Venice Sightseeing
o Day 3 – Day trip to Verone OR Padua
FLORENCE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 4 – Train from Venice to Florence (2 hours by Train)
o Day 5 – Florence Sightseeing - Uffizi Museum – make Advance Reservations
o Day 6 – Day trip to Pisa & Sienna
SORRENTO – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 7 – Train from Florence to Naples/Sorrento (3 hours by train); hotel check-
in; Sorrento Sightseeing
o Day 8- Day trip to Naples (Train from Sorrento to Naples is 45 mins)
o Day 9- Day trip to Pompiee OR Ostia Antica
o Day 10 – Day trip to Amalfi/Positano OR Capri
ROME – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 10 – Train to Rome (70 mins ); hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 11 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 12 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 13 - A day trip to Orvieto OR to Tivoli Gardens and Hadrian's Villa
Day 14 – Fly back to JFK
All help is much appreciated!
Italy - 2 Week Trip with Family
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 2 Week Honeymoon France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Rome
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 Never To Return
- 5 London city Best option for transit
- 6 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 7 Barcelona Hotels, Looking for recommendations
- 8 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 9 Lucerne Switzerland
- 10 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 11 Central Europe itinerary
- 12 First visit to France in November
- 13 Need meal and site advice for not often discussed Greek Islands & Places
- 14 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 15 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 16 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 17 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 18 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 19 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 20 at what point should one get health insurance
- 21 Provence in April, 2014, Part 2
- 22 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 23 Europe in December for 10 days
- 24 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 25 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?