We are planning to travel to Italy for 2 weeks in May'2013 with our 2 kids (5 Years & 14 months old). We will be flying in Venice and plan to fly-out from Rome based. Need some feedback/advice on the below itinerary:
VENICE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 1 – Fly from NYC into Venice; hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 2 – Venice Sightseeing
o Day 3 – Day trip to Verone OR Padua
FLORENCE – 3 NIGHTS
o Day 4 – Train from Venice to Florence (2 hours by Train)
o Day 5 – Florence Sightseeing - Uffizi Museum – make Advance Reservations
o Day 6 – Day trip to Pisa & Sienna
SORRENTO – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 7 – Train from Florence to Naples/Sorrento (3 hours by train); hotel check-
in; Sorrento Sightseeing
o Day 8- Day trip to Naples (Train from Sorrento to Naples is 45 mins)
o Day 9- Day trip to Pompiee OR Ostia Antica
o Day 10 – Day trip to Amalfi/Positano OR Capri
ROME – 4 NIGHTS
o Day 10 – Train to Rome (70 mins ); hotel check-in; some sightseeing
o Day 11 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 12 – Rome Sightseeing
o Day 13 - A day trip to Orvieto OR to Tivoli Gardens and Hadrian's Villa
Day 14 – Fly back to JFK
All help is much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 5 Whathello Paris
- 6 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 7 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 8 Bordeaux to Nice
- 9 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 10 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 11 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 Trains in Italy
- 14 Transport for local Venice travel
- 15 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Christmas in Italy
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 "Too Much Cows"
- 20 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 21 Thinking about the Fjords
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Rome to Venice
- 24 Alitala
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna