I'm hoping to get some suggestions for my trip to Italy. I arrive at Rome International Airport early morning on 8th May, 2015 and will leave on the night of 27th May, 2015 from Rome to Bombay, India. I'll be travelling ALONE and this is my first trip to Italy (Europe, as well!).
I definitely want to visit Naples, Rome (are 4 days enough?), Venice (I've read mixed reviews. Over-hyped, is it?), Siena, Florence, Pisa (worth spending an entire day?), Bologna (oldest university in the world!), and Milan. I realize the list sounds rather ambitious for an 18 day trip; but, there are some things I most definitely wouldn't want to miss.
Interest levels as far as historical sites are concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as food is concerned - SUPER HIGH
Interest levels as far as beaches are concerned - AVERAGE
Interest levels as far as shopping is concerned - MODERATE
Would prefer reasonable (yet safe and feasible) accommodation (hostels and B&Bs). Some of the reviews on Hostelworld are so confusing! I plan to walk around a lot and use public transport - metro, train and buses. Want to experience the "must try"/"must visit" dishes/restaurants.
I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to an itinerary, accommodation, travel, food and any other tips that you see fit.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 2 Two days around Oban - help with itinerary
- 3 Purchasing Kosta Boda in Stockholm. Firsts and seconds
- 4 offline navigation for a tablet in Germany and Austria
- 5 Which area to stay in London
- 6 4 days and 3 nights in Austria excluding Vienna
- 7 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 8 Itinery help Crete
- 9 Scotland - We're Here!
- 10 Odd Question - freezer and microwave
- 11 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 12 TIM in FCO - update
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Game of Thrones Tour in N. Ireland
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 17 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 18 Short Trip to Usak, (Eastern Aegean Turkey)
- 19 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 20 Lisbon - a few tips
- 21 Need help traveling from Austria to Switzerland
- 22 Help building itinerary Italy/Austria
- 23 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 24 Avoid Europcar!
- 25 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May