We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go in Warsaw and Krakow?
- 2 12-14 nights enough ?
- 3 Updated Southern Croatia Trip (recommendations please)
- 4 Bring US appliances to Germany?
- 5 5 Days in Bernese Oberland
- 6 Western/Central Europe Itinerary help
- 7 Need help with my itinerary
- 8 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 9 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 10 Transpennine Express-Ticket/No Seat Res
- 11 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 12 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 13 France is losing the core of its historic provincial towns
- 14 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 15 Killarney
- 16 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 17 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 18 5 days northern spain, help us !
- 19 Salon de l’Agriculture in Paris: foods, cows, orchid and Swissman
- 20 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 21 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Prague and Budapest
- 24 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 25 Berlin, Germany
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters