We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cell phones in France and England
- 2 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 3 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 4 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 5 Florence, Italy
- 6 Italy trains question
- 7 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 8 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 9 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 10 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 11 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 12 FCO connection time
- 13 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 14 Slovania & Croatia
- 15 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 16 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 17 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 18 Train rides
- 19 Departure Tax in UK
- 20 I'm back.....
- 21 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 22 Naples to Pompeii
- 23 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 24 European Championship
- 25 Amsterdam Hotel
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters