We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 2 4 flats for a month in Ireland
- 3 Ravello to Paestum
- 4 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 5 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 6 London Itinerary and Questions
- 7 MiFi in Italy
- 8 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 9 Europe 27 days trip, HELP!
- 10 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 11 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 12 Barcelona completely overrated
- 13 French lavender and cottages
- 14 What Greek islands should I visit
- 15 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 16 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 17 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 18 Help with travel from Cinque Terre to Milan Linate Airport!
- 19 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 20 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 21 Spain Itinerary Help
- 22 Puffins! No luck. So, where and when did you see them?
- 23 And now...the 100 best things in Iceland.
- 24 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 25 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters