We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 4 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 5 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 6 Porto -City Break
- 7 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 12 Street food in Turkey
- 13 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 14 Three days in Spain
- 15 Paris in April?
- 16 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 17 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 18 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 19 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 20 Prague - Tram #22
- 21 Day trip from London to Paris
- 22 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 23 A drive in Europe
- 24 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 25 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside