We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 One week in Venice - trips
- 5 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 6 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 7 Scotland
- 8 9 days in turkey
- 9 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 10 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 11 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 12 Itinerary Help!
- 13 UK for 12 days !
- 14 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 15 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 17 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 18 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 19 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 20 tour guides in rome
- 21 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 22 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 23 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 24 Day trip on the Rhine
- 25 poland to switzerland