We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 외국카지노〃場＼┗ SSK68.COM ┛＼場〃외국카지노
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ronda Wine/biking
- 4 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 5 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 6 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Italy bus or train
- 9 Ireland itinerary help please
- 10 May get together in Paris
- 11 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 12 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 13 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 14 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 15 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 16 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 17 Canal du Midi
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 20 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 Perugia
- 23 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 24 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 25 Praiano
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters