We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 2 VRBO Neighborhood
- 3 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 4 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 5 Enjoying England for a year!
- 6 Madrid city centre?
- 7 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 8 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 9 Ireland driving itinerary
- 10 Europe itinerary
- 11 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 12 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 13 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 14 French Riviera
- 15 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 16 Southern Italy
- 17 Trip Report: Hungary & Romania, May-June 2005. Re-posted to eliminate errors.
- 18 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 19 England in a week - what's realistic
- 20 Visiting St. Mark's Basilica in Venice
- 21 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 22 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 23 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 24 Decrepit dame does Deutschland
- 25 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters