We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone been to Ikaria, Greece?
- 2 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 3 Cheap Airfare to Spain
- 4 3 weeks in Italy...questions...
- 5 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 6 Trip Report:Rome, Florence, Tuscany in December
- 7 Iceland or the Nordic countries in May with children ?
- 8 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 9 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 10 Istanbul tour guides?
- 11 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 12 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 13 Dublin Sites, Fun and Food
- 14 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 15 Not-too-expensive Bed & Breakfasts in Ranelagh (or central-ish) Dublin?
- 16 Vet my itinerary
- 17 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 18 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 21 Italy - best two central locations
- 22 St Mont Michel, how much time do I need
- 23 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 24 Rome, Amalfi coast September/October help
- 25 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters