We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich with a car?
- 2 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 3 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 4 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 5 Day trip on the Rhine
- 6 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 7 Germany-berlin marathon
- 8 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 9 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 10 museum passes in Rome
- 11 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 12 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 13 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 14 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 15 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 16 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 17 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 18 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 19 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 20 Estonia Amber
- 21 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 22 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 25 UK for 12 days !