We are planning our first ever trip to Italy (and first ever to any European destination together as a family) at the end of june 2014: 25 June through 8 Jul. Want suggestions for a relaxing vacation in Italy. I am currently thinking of doing Rome, Florence and Venice. Nothing set in stone yet only thing is that we have booked our flight: fly in and out of Rome from San Francisco.
1.Keep my daughters reasonably engaged,happy and interested through the entire trip.
2. Also want us (me, my wife and kids) to relax/indulge and experience countryside and Tuscany village(s).
* Which cities/places/hotels/villas can be recommended to stay in Rome, Florence (or any surrounding cities) and Venice? Particularly that are family/kids friendly. Can we rent a villa with a pool in one of the town/village in Tuscany area - would that be too expensive for single family?
* Is Venice must? Can we simply do 4-5 days in Rome and rest in Florence/Tuscany area?
* What could be good locations/places/day trips to visit apart from these three big cities in this 12 day visit?
* After doing some initial research - thinking of traveling between cities by train. Is there a need to rent a car if we want to experience Tuscany/Florence area?
* Is end of June/First week of July too hot to roam/walk around?
Italy: 12 Days Itinerary Suggestion Wanted: With 8 and 6 year old daughters
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wine tours - without a car and on a budget!
- 2 England sites not to miss
- 3 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 4 month's stay in Italy
- 5 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 6 What should we tip our tour guide?
- 7 2 month backpacking though europe
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 naples & pickpockets
- 10 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 11 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 12 Scotland day tour
- 13 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 14 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 15 Wine tour from Verona?
- 16 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 17 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 18 Where to stay in the french riviera?
- 19 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 20 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 21 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 22 Struggling with Ireland itinerary - help finding off the beaten path gems!
- 23 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 24 Lucca, Italy - flea/antique market?
- 25 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?