My husband and I are in the process of planning our first trip to Italy (and Europe). We are thinking about going for 14 days (12 days including travel) in May or June 2016. We're in our late 20's and enjoy delicious food/history/arts. We love to immerse ourselves in the culture of the city we're visiting. We are traveling from Kansas City (Go Royals!)
In terms of what we'd like to see in Italy... we were thinking of the following:
- Fly into Rome
- Amalfi Coast OR Cinque Terre
- Florence (day trips to Siena and Tuscany)
- Fly out of Venice
We would love to squeeze in Modena to go to Osteria Franescana - although, I'm not sure we will be able to squeeze it in the time frame that we have. I was thinking we could potentially go before we go to Venice. Thoughts?
We are foodies and open to any restaurant suggestions you have!
Lastly - we're open to renting a car, but being first-timers, I feel that the train might be our safest bet (in terms of getting around).
Thank you so much for your help! Looking forward to your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 11 Castle Stays in Wales
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Can parking
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia