My husband and I are in the process of planning our first trip to Italy (and Europe). We are thinking about going for 14 days (12 days including travel) in May or June 2016. We're in our late 20's and enjoy delicious food/history/arts. We love to immerse ourselves in the culture of the city we're visiting. We are traveling from Kansas City (Go Royals!)
In terms of what we'd like to see in Italy... we were thinking of the following:
- Fly into Rome
- Amalfi Coast OR Cinque Terre
- Florence (day trips to Siena and Tuscany)
- Fly out of Venice
We would love to squeeze in Modena to go to Osteria Franescana - although, I'm not sure we will be able to squeeze it in the time frame that we have. I was thinking we could potentially go before we go to Venice. Thoughts?
We are foodies and open to any restaurant suggestions you have!
Lastly - we're open to renting a car, but being first-timers, I feel that the train might be our safest bet (in terms of getting around).
Thank you so much for your help! Looking forward to your advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 2 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 3 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 4 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich
- 5 Lisbon trip report
- 6 How Do You Know They Are Not Killers? — An Italy Trip Report
- 7 13 N euro trip itinerary
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 12 days trip to Amsterdam, Paris, germany and Swizerland
- 10 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 13 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 14 Cote d'Azur beach clubs
- 15 A night's stop between Sarlat and Amboise.
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 Planning a European Trip
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 American Tourister luggage- good or bad?
- 20 Best way to visit St.Petersburg....Russia
- 21 So much to do, so little time!
- 22 Tour of Northern Italy
- 23 Germany in December Trip Report
- 24 Naples, Italy
- 25 San Sebastian