Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO Password Reset CONTACT 1:800:681:7208 YAHOO Tec*h SUPPORT
- 2 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 3 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 4 Rome hotel
- 5 Day in Capri
- 6 Villa in Italy
- 7 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 8 Help me make this possible!
- 9 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 10 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 11 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 12 One night in the Dolomites
- 13 Vatican tour
- 14 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 15 Places to stop/stay?
- 16 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 19 First visit to London
- 20 Route Information
- 21 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 22 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 23 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 24 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 25 International drivers permit