Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paperwork to Marry in Italy
- 2 No Periods in British Written English!
- 3 10 Days Trip Bath, Cotswolds, and London with a young boy
- 4 Day trips around Vienna
- 5 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 6 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 7 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 Vacation
- 10 Rouen Tour Companies
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 13 Praiano hotel question
- 14 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 19 Italy bus or train
- 20 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 21 Ireland itinerary help please
- 22 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 23 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 24 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 25 Rome-Itinerary