Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to study abroad in Scandinavia?
- 2 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 3 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 4 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 5 Austria
- 6 Renting a car in Florence
- 7 Getting from Milazzo to Palermo
- 8 Charles Degaulle question
- 9 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 12 Alhambra to Hammam al Andalusus Spa / best option
- 13 First time in Italy
- 14 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 15 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 16 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 17 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 18 100 Great things to do in Paris
- 19 Tipping for private van/bus driver in Ireland?
- 20 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 21 Pompeii luggage storage
- 22 Train Help
- 23 Train rides
- 24 12 days in Austria
- 25 Swiss Alps to Florence