Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Medical Providers
- 2 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 3 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 4 Planning A trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast Apartment in October -- mobility an issue
- 6 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 7 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 8 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 9 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 10 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 11 Castle Stays in Wales
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 15 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 16 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 17 Can parking
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 San Sebastián
- 20 Lodging in Lauterbrunnen and Grindenwald in October
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Would like help planning a 16-21 day week trip to Spain and/or Portugal
- 23 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 24 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 25 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia