Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 2 Help with ferry schedule Naples to Sorrento please.
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 5 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 6 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 7 Flight Cost to Athens
- 8 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 9 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 10 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 11 Public Transport information App/Website
- 12 Hotel advice
- 13 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 14 First time to Ireland with young kids
- 15 Easter in Tuscany - which town to stay?
- 16 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 17 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 18 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 19 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 20 Vet my itinerary
- 21 Sienna with kids
- 22 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 23 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 24 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 25 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?