Looking at the Italo timetable, it appears that to go from Florence to Roma Ostiense on the Italo trains does not involve a change of trains -- but I want to be sure. Any Fodorites know?
This appears to be a competitive option (20 €) to Trenitalia's trains to Termini (especially if all the 19 € tickets are gone). We're probably going to stay in the Jewish Quarter, so the taxi to the hotel is about the same...and the bus (#280) is actually a little faster.
Any tips regarding the Italo trains -- I know it's early (not planning to go till the spring) -- but our preliminary plan is Rome -- Venice -- Florence -- Rome. Been to all three cities several times, and I am comfortable with Trenitalia's website (as well as public transport), but have never used Italo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 Trip suggestion
- 5 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 6 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 7 Krakow or Warsaw?
- 8 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 9 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 10 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 11 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 12 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 13 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 16 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 17 I'm looking for a guide in Moldova
- 18 Spain in July
- 19 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 20 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 21 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Petrol in Greece
- 25 We're here!