I'm a retired US Army soldier living in Germany, and I'm having trouble using the ItaliaRail site. My mailing address for my credit cards includes the state "AE," which stands for Armed Forces Europe.
Unfortunately, this site doesn't recognize that address, and it won't process my ticket. This is very frustrating.
I tried buying my ticket through Trenitalia -- but oddly enough, the train I want to take isn't showing up there (Verona to Perugia, leaving at 10.30 on 7 May).
I tried using Eurocard issued by my German bank, but it doesn't have the 3-digit security code on the back.
I've emailed the folks at the site, and I hope they respond soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping that Man in Seat 61 might read this and may be able to contact the site and get this changed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 nights in switzerland
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 4 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 5 Germany-Car or Train
- 6 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 7 Looking for recommendation for lodging in NAXOS, GREECE
- 8 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 9 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 10 Language to use in Belgium
- 11 Getting around London
- 12 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 13 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 14 WWI sites
- 15 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Paris in August
- 18 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 19 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 20 Christmas in Spain
- 21 Brussels flower tapestry
- 22 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 23 Lake Como,Italy
- 24 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 25 Valencia Spain