I'm a retired US Army soldier living in Germany, and I'm having trouble using the ItaliaRail site. My mailing address for my credit cards includes the state "AE," which stands for Armed Forces Europe.
Unfortunately, this site doesn't recognize that address, and it won't process my ticket. This is very frustrating.
I tried buying my ticket through Trenitalia -- but oddly enough, the train I want to take isn't showing up there (Verona to Perugia, leaving at 10.30 on 7 May).
I tried using Eurocard issued by my German bank, but it doesn't have the 3-digit security code on the back.
I've emailed the folks at the site, and I hope they respond soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping that Man in Seat 61 might read this and may be able to contact the site and get this changed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Where should I go with my family?
- 4 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 5 Stu Tower
- 6 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 9 Tour or self drive Douro?
- 10 Which Hotel in Rome
- 11 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 12 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 13 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 14 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 15 First Solo Adventure
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 1st Time to Ireland - what to wear?
- 18 SE ITALY
- 19 First Solo Adventure
- 20 Crete Holiday
- 21 Honeymooning in Croatia - 2 weeks in August
- 22 Drive from Piedmont to Malpensa Qs?
- 23 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 24 Montreux Riviera public transport pass
- 25 Alitala