I'm a retired US Army soldier living in Germany, and I'm having trouble using the ItaliaRail site. My mailing address for my credit cards includes the state "AE," which stands for Armed Forces Europe.
Unfortunately, this site doesn't recognize that address, and it won't process my ticket. This is very frustrating.
I tried buying my ticket through Trenitalia -- but oddly enough, the train I want to take isn't showing up there (Verona to Perugia, leaving at 10.30 on 7 May).
I tried using Eurocard issued by my German bank, but it doesn't have the 3-digit security code on the back.
I've emailed the folks at the site, and I hope they respond soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping that Man in Seat 61 might read this and may be able to contact the site and get this changed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 Paris cooking classes
- 3 Andalucia itinerary help
- 4 Ronda Wine/biking
- 5 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 10 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 11 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 Rouen Tour Companies
- 14 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 15 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 16 Ireland itinerary help please
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 19 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 22 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 23 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 24 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 25 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?