I'm a retired US Army soldier living in Germany, and I'm having trouble using the ItaliaRail site. My mailing address for my credit cards includes the state "AE," which stands for Armed Forces Europe.
Unfortunately, this site doesn't recognize that address, and it won't process my ticket. This is very frustrating.
I tried buying my ticket through Trenitalia -- but oddly enough, the train I want to take isn't showing up there (Verona to Perugia, leaving at 10.30 on 7 May).
I tried using Eurocard issued by my German bank, but it doesn't have the 3-digit security code on the back.
I've emailed the folks at the site, and I hope they respond soon. In the meantime, I'm hoping that Man in Seat 61 might read this and may be able to contact the site and get this changed.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish Language Immersion for young teenager in SPAIN
- 2 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 3 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 4 If you had to choose one......
- 5 HELP PLEASE! Skiing in Zermatt this March
- 6 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 7 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 8 Train travel vs rental car in Slovenia and Croatia
- 9 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 10 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 11 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 12 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Croatia and Montenegro Itinerary
- 15 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 16 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 17 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 18 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 22 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 23 car for four adults and four bikes
- 24 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 25 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017