My partner and I are moving from London to Australia around July, so we wanted to do one last trip around Europe before we leave. I know that 14 days is not nearly enough time for what we want to do, but given our relocation circumstances (and the odds we will be back in Europe any time soon) this is our only time frame.
About us: I consider us both to be laid back and relaxed, and we like going off the beaten path in terms of travel (we don't want to do super touristy things, but but still want to see the things that are worth the effort). We also enjoy going out to nice dinners, and a few bars around would be nice, but we don't need a city with massive nightlife. What I want to get out of this trip = beautiful beaches & real Italian countryside. We have a moderate budget, but want to spend this on things we would like to do rather than accommodation.
Our current plan:
Fly into Genoa
Spend 4 nights in Levanto (in which we will go up to Portofino and then down to the CT). I chose this location because I thought it was a good middle ground.
Levanto -> Florence and Tuscany
-How many nights would you suggest in each? I would like to spend some time in Tuscany and do a food/wine tour- any suggestions?
Tuscany -> Amalfi coast
-Where in the Amalfi coast would be the best to visit? Is Capri worth a day trip?
Fly out of Naples (maybe do one night in Naples?)
As you can see we are still working on getting our itinerary together... We are used to moving around a lot when we travel as we usually only have a few days to see places. I would appreciate any recommendations of things to do or see as I love Italy and I don't know when my next opportunity to come back will be!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Valencia Spain
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Moldova and Transnistria
- 4 The DCC scam is spreading
- 5 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 6 Travel from Barcelona to Dordogne
- 7 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 8 Places to visit from Zurich
- 9 Loire Valley restaurants
- 10 Rome Water Shortage
- 11 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 12 Justairports.com or Heathrow Express?
- 13 Appenzell in December?
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Driving in Italy
- 16 Advise for driving from Lecce, to Pescara, Italy.
- 17 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria
- 18 Day Trips from Granada
- 19 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Christmas in Spain
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 24 Visiting Zurich
- 25 Tips for tour company tour guides