My partner and I are moving from London to Australia around July, so we wanted to do one last trip around Europe before we leave. I know that 14 days is not nearly enough time for what we want to do, but given our relocation circumstances (and the odds we will be back in Europe any time soon) this is our only time frame.
About us: I consider us both to be laid back and relaxed, and we like going off the beaten path in terms of travel (we don't want to do super touristy things, but but still want to see the things that are worth the effort). We also enjoy going out to nice dinners, and a few bars around would be nice, but we don't need a city with massive nightlife. What I want to get out of this trip = beautiful beaches & real Italian countryside. We have a moderate budget, but want to spend this on things we would like to do rather than accommodation.
Our current plan:
Fly into Genoa
Spend 4 nights in Levanto (in which we will go up to Portofino and then down to the CT). I chose this location because I thought it was a good middle ground.
Levanto -> Florence and Tuscany
-How many nights would you suggest in each? I would like to spend some time in Tuscany and do a food/wine tour- any suggestions?
Tuscany -> Amalfi coast
-Where in the Amalfi coast would be the best to visit? Is Capri worth a day trip?
Fly out of Naples (maybe do one night in Naples?)
As you can see we are still working on getting our itinerary together... We are used to moving around a lot when we travel as we usually only have a few days to see places. I would appreciate any recommendations of things to do or see as I love Italy and I don't know when my next opportunity to come back will be!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 2 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 3 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 4 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 5 Road trip Italy
- 6 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 7 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 8 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 9 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 10 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 11 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 12 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 13 Hilton CPH no loner
- 14 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 15 travel around Spain
- 16 Scotland Trip Report
- 17 French Wedding
- 18 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 19 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 20 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 23 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 24 Cornwall UK
- 25 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....