My partner and I are moving from London to Australia around July, so we wanted to do one last trip around Europe before we leave. I know that 14 days is not nearly enough time for what we want to do, but given our relocation circumstances (and the odds we will be back in Europe any time soon) this is our only time frame.
About us: I consider us both to be laid back and relaxed, and we like going off the beaten path in terms of travel (we don't want to do super touristy things, but but still want to see the things that are worth the effort). We also enjoy going out to nice dinners, and a few bars around would be nice, but we don't need a city with massive nightlife. What I want to get out of this trip = beautiful beaches & real Italian countryside. We have a moderate budget, but want to spend this on things we would like to do rather than accommodation.
Our current plan:
Fly into Genoa
Spend 4 nights in Levanto (in which we will go up to Portofino and then down to the CT). I chose this location because I thought it was a good middle ground.
Levanto -> Florence and Tuscany
-How many nights would you suggest in each? I would like to spend some time in Tuscany and do a food/wine tour- any suggestions?
Tuscany -> Amalfi coast
-Where in the Amalfi coast would be the best to visit? Is Capri worth a day trip?
Fly out of Naples (maybe do one night in Naples?)
As you can see we are still working on getting our itinerary together... We are used to moving around a lot when we travel as we usually only have a few days to see places. I would appreciate any recommendations of things to do or see as I love Italy and I don't know when my next opportunity to come back will be!
Italian Rivera, Tuscany & Amalfi Coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please
- 2 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 3 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 4 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 5 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 6 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 7 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 8 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Help with a small island in Greece
- 11 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 12 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 13 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 14 International driving permit required in France?
- 15 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 16 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 17 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 18 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 19 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 20 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 21 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 22 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 23 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 24 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 25 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)