My partner and I are moving from London to Australia around July, so we wanted to do one last trip around Europe before we leave. I know that 14 days is not nearly enough time for what we want to do, but given our relocation circumstances (and the odds we will be back in Europe any time soon) this is our only time frame.
About us: I consider us both to be laid back and relaxed, and we like going off the beaten path in terms of travel (we don't want to do super touristy things, but but still want to see the things that are worth the effort). We also enjoy going out to nice dinners, and a few bars around would be nice, but we don't need a city with massive nightlife. What I want to get out of this trip = beautiful beaches & real Italian countryside. We have a moderate budget, but want to spend this on things we would like to do rather than accommodation.
Our current plan:
Fly into Genoa
Spend 4 nights in Levanto (in which we will go up to Portofino and then down to the CT). I chose this location because I thought it was a good middle ground.
Levanto -> Florence and Tuscany
-How many nights would you suggest in each? I would like to spend some time in Tuscany and do a food/wine tour- any suggestions?
Tuscany -> Amalfi coast
-Where in the Amalfi coast would be the best to visit? Is Capri worth a day trip?
Fly out of Naples (maybe do one night in Naples?)
As you can see we are still working on getting our itinerary together... We are used to moving around a lot when we travel as we usually only have a few days to see places. I would appreciate any recommendations of things to do or see as I love Italy and I don't know when my next opportunity to come back will be!
Italian Rivera, Tuscany & Amalfi Coast
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 2 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 3 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 Eurostar London to Avignon Thru Trains Start June 28!
- 6 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 7 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 8 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 11 italy
- 12 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 13 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 14 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 15 What still confounds you about travel?
- 16 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 17 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 18 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 19 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 20 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 21 Chip but no PIN
- 22 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 23 Madrid and London
- 24 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 25 Eatwith - dine with locals