My partner and I are moving from London to Australia around July, so we wanted to do one last trip around Europe before we leave. I know that 14 days is not nearly enough time for what we want to do, but given our relocation circumstances (and the odds we will be back in Europe any time soon) this is our only time frame.
About us: I consider us both to be laid back and relaxed, and we like going off the beaten path in terms of travel (we don't want to do super touristy things, but but still want to see the things that are worth the effort). We also enjoy going out to nice dinners, and a few bars around would be nice, but we don't need a city with massive nightlife. What I want to get out of this trip = beautiful beaches & real Italian countryside. We have a moderate budget, but want to spend this on things we would like to do rather than accommodation.
Our current plan:
Fly into Genoa
Spend 4 nights in Levanto (in which we will go up to Portofino and then down to the CT). I chose this location because I thought it was a good middle ground.
Levanto -> Florence and Tuscany
-How many nights would you suggest in each? I would like to spend some time in Tuscany and do a food/wine tour- any suggestions?
Tuscany -> Amalfi coast
-Where in the Amalfi coast would be the best to visit? Is Capri worth a day trip?
Fly out of Naples (maybe do one night in Naples?)
As you can see we are still working on getting our itinerary together... We are used to moving around a lot when we travel as we usually only have a few days to see places. I would appreciate any recommendations of things to do or see as I love Italy and I don't know when my next opportunity to come back will be!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Ireland travel passport question
- 5 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 6 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 9 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!
- 14 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 15 Flamenco in October
- 16 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 17 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 18 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 19 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 22 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 23 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 24 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days