26 more days until we leave for Italy!!
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of your favorite recipes that I might be able to whip up while staying in kitchenette-outfitted apartments in Rome, Manarola and Venice...
I LOVE cooking, consider myself of intermediate ability, and have recently been informed by my best-friend/travel partner that she fully expects me to cook for her on this trip I am MORE than happy to oblige, however, I do not get to explore authentic Italian cooking very often at home, as my husband is so picky, I pretty much feed him the same dinner that I make my almost 2-year-old. I did, however, make a very successful Pasta Carbonara one night that we almost died for
We are very much looking forward to shopping for fresh ingredients in the markets, and as I am a complete novice in that department, I welcome any tips and information you could provide, especially concerning etiquette (such as not touching the food but asking for permission), weights and measures, and in season specialties for late September-October.
Thanks in advance for all the help. I sincerely hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transylvania - June 2018
- 2 Italy Car Scam
- 3 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 4 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 5 Venice/Mestre
- 6 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 7 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 8 Krakow
- 9 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 10 Quizz !
- 11 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 12 Pay attention to your watches !
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 15 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 16 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 19 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 20 9 Days in Spain
- 21 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 22 Iceland early december visit
- 23 Zurich to Milan trip
- 24 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 25 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May