26 more days until we leave for Italy!!
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share some of your favorite recipes that I might be able to whip up while staying in kitchenette-outfitted apartments in Rome, Manarola and Venice...
I LOVE cooking, consider myself of intermediate ability, and have recently been informed by my best-friend/travel partner that she fully expects me to cook for her on this trip I am MORE than happy to oblige, however, I do not get to explore authentic Italian cooking very often at home, as my husband is so picky, I pretty much feed him the same dinner that I make my almost 2-year-old. I did, however, make a very successful Pasta Carbonara one night that we almost died for
We are very much looking forward to shopping for fresh ingredients in the markets, and as I am a complete novice in that department, I welcome any tips and information you could provide, especially concerning etiquette (such as not touching the food but asking for permission), weights and measures, and in season specialties for late September-October.
Thanks in advance for all the help. I sincerely hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights in Madrid
- 2 Nightime Tivoli
- 3 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 4 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 5 Travelling Iceland
- 6 Seville to Cordoba
- 7 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 8 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 9 IWM
- 10 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 11 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 12 Amalfi Coast
- 13 Montserrat Express
- 14 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 15 Quiet reasonably priced Munich hotel during Oktoberfest
- 16 London Hotel - Different Request
- 17 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 18 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 19 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 20 Kayak = Priceline and unavailable flights?
- 21 Itinery help Crete
- 22 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 23 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 24 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 25 Quite Possibly the Best Mobile Phone/SIM Deal