I have taken two years of Italian language lessons in my home country. Nothing too intensive. I'd like to step it up a bit and have decided I would like to register for one of those "embedded" language courses (Many have been discussed on this forum already). Turin is the city of my choice, time: end of September. My husband will join me afterwards and we'd like to rent a car and explore the Piemonte. Unfortunately we only have a week to maximum 10 days. I look to you, Fodorites, for advice. Alba? Cuneo? Barolo?
I assume that the first week of October would be a good time to visit. What say you?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 3 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 4 France Itinerary Advice
- 5 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 6 4 days in Provence in early June
- 7 dinner jackets
- 8 Trip to Rome
- 9 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 10 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 11 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 12 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 13 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 14 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 15 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 16 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 17 Leather goods in Florence
- 18 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 19 Transportation
- 20 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 21 Things to do in Montpellier
- 22 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 23 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Portugal by Train or Car?
Italian language course in Turin - advice on where to stay and what to see