I reread many threads on the Italian Lake District but still find I am confused. If you fly into Milan and go to lake Como how easy is it to get to Lugano for a day or more? Also how easy is it to get to Stressa or Lake Maggiore or Lake Garda? Some say one thing with a car some without. What is best? I think I would prefer trains/ferries etc. If you had 9 days would you just stay in the lake area during first week of July or add Portofino/Santa Margharita for a few days? I have seen itineraries where it is 3 days portofino and 3 days lake como....and?
Italian Lake District 9 Days?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Chambermaid tipping
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 4 Dresden Train Station
- 5 Italian Lakes gardens
- 6 More help with housing in Puglia
- 7 Spain - Andalucia
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 11 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 12 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 13 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 14 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 15 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 18 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Rome itinerary check over New Years....comments?? suggestions??
- 21 Hotel in belligio, lake Como
- 22 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 23 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 24 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia