I'm hoping for some assistance, we are travelling from venice ( after a 1 night stay as I have been there twice) to bologna we have 3. Nights before a 3 night stay in lake como.
My boyfriend is a chef & very passionate about food, & I'm a lover of food and wine. I thought we would drive from bologna to lake como & stop off in Modena for the Ferrari factory ( boyfriend likes cars) and then go to parma to see prosciutto & cheese factories, but now I see there is lots of eateries and a top Michelin starred place in Modena (osteria. Francescana) Should we only stay the two nights in bologna & do a night in parma?
Everything I've read about bologna says its the best for food, but some forums say that it perhaps is no longer. The other forums I have read really talk up allessandro's cheese, parma ham & balsamic tour which is a whole day, but it doesn't say if you travel to parma for this. Otherwise perhaps we stay the 3 nights in bologna, do the day tour & then still stop in Modena on the way to lake como... The eateries all sound amazing and I like the little town ideas which is why hiring a car makes sense.
Was thinking that if we travel from venice to bologna we wld have to leave early to get a full day in bologna, then following day do a tour, then have 1 full other day in bologna of eating and then leave early to squeeze in Modena for Ferrari & lunch plus a stop in parma... But then that cuts out a day in lake como ( which we also have only 3 nights in)
Help!!!!! I'm getting analysis paralysis
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 3 Paris Metro
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 7 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 10 A good book!!
- 11 Any recent stays at either the Plaka or Attalos hotels in Athens
- 12 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 13 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 14 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 15 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 21 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 22 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 23 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 24 getting to CDG
- 25 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris