I'm hoping for some assistance, we are travelling from venice ( after a 1 night stay as I have been there twice) to bologna we have 3. Nights before a 3 night stay in lake como.
My boyfriend is a chef & very passionate about food, & I'm a lover of food and wine. I thought we would drive from bologna to lake como & stop off in Modena for the Ferrari factory ( boyfriend likes cars) and then go to parma to see prosciutto & cheese factories, but now I see there is lots of eateries and a top Michelin starred place in Modena (osteria. Francescana) Should we only stay the two nights in bologna & do a night in parma?
Everything I've read about bologna says its the best for food, but some forums say that it perhaps is no longer. The other forums I have read really talk up allessandro's cheese, parma ham & balsamic tour which is a whole day, but it doesn't say if you travel to parma for this. Otherwise perhaps we stay the 3 nights in bologna, do the day tour & then still stop in Modena on the way to lake como... The eateries all sound amazing and I like the little town ideas which is why hiring a car makes sense.
Was thinking that if we travel from venice to bologna we wld have to leave early to get a full day in bologna, then following day do a tour, then have 1 full other day in bologna of eating and then leave early to squeeze in Modena for Ferrari & lunch plus a stop in parma... But then that cuts out a day in lake como ( which we also have only 3 nights in)
Help!!!!! I'm getting analysis paralysis
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice