My wife and I are traveling to Italy mid-June. All hotels are booked and driving from once we to land to when we depart. We've already been to Rome, Vatican, Florence, Naples and Milan and wanted to explore new areas. For background, we love culture shock, good food, art and museums. We would like to balance being active and experiencing new things with relaxing since we work hard back home. Understanding that we won't get 100% of the experience in any one place here since we are hopping around a lot, but hoping to get small tastes of each city/town. Interested if you have activity/food suggestions or any sort of travel tips (we're new to driving in Europe). Thanks!
Day 1 - Arriving early into Milan and driving straight to Como. We are between staying at the Borgo Antico Hotel in Como or the Eremo Gaudio in Varenna. The latter has better views but debating between the two towns and what's best for a young couple like us. (Also, is Varenna the same as Como in that it is possible to get to by car without ferry?)
Day 2 - Leaving Como mid-day and traveling to Monterosso, Cinque Terre for hiking and the view.
Day 3 - Cinque Terre
Day 4- Leaving Cinque Terre for Monticello in Tuscany. Hoping to use Monticello as a home base to see other places like Siena, etc. The plan is cooking classes, wineries, biking, etc. Would love recommendations!
Day 5 - Monticello
Day 6 - Monticello
Day 7 - Leaving Monticello for Firenze and spending the night there. Already have tickets for Uffizi and know where we are eating dinner.
Day 8 - Leaving to Milan in the AM and spending the day sightseeing there.
Day 9 - Departing Milan back to the states.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Register Official Domain Name | Domains | Domain | EASY
- 2 Vacation in Great Britain
- 3 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 4 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 5 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 6 Escargots in Paris
- 7 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 Trip Ideas
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 15 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 16 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 17 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 18 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 19 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 20 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 21 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 22 Info about Poland
- 23 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Barcelona question