My wife and I are traveling to Italy mid-June. All hotels are booked and driving from once we to land to when we depart. We've already been to Rome, Vatican, Florence, Naples and Milan and wanted to explore new areas. For background, we love culture shock, good food, art and museums. We would like to balance being active and experiencing new things with relaxing since we work hard back home. Understanding that we won't get 100% of the experience in any one place here since we are hopping around a lot, but hoping to get small tastes of each city/town. Interested if you have activity/food suggestions or any sort of travel tips (we're new to driving in Europe). Thanks!
Day 1 - Arriving early into Milan and driving straight to Como. We are between staying at the Borgo Antico Hotel in Como or the Eremo Gaudio in Varenna. The latter has better views but debating between the two towns and what's best for a young couple like us. (Also, is Varenna the same as Como in that it is possible to get to by car without ferry?)
Day 2 - Leaving Como mid-day and traveling to Monterosso, Cinque Terre for hiking and the view.
Day 3 - Cinque Terre
Day 4- Leaving Cinque Terre for Monticello in Tuscany. Hoping to use Monticello as a home base to see other places like Siena, etc. The plan is cooking classes, wineries, biking, etc. Would love recommendations!
Day 5 - Monticello
Day 6 - Monticello
Day 7 - Leaving Monticello for Firenze and spending the night there. Already have tickets for Uffizi and know where we are eating dinner.
Day 8 - Leaving to Milan in the AM and spending the day sightseeing there.
Day 9 - Departing Milan back to the states.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 WWI sites
- 2 Christmas in Spain
- 3 Germany-Car or Train
- 4 Brussels flower tapestry
- 5 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Lake Como,Italy
- 8 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Valencia Spain
- 11 Language to use in Belgium
- 12 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 13 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 14 Visiting Zurich
- 15 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 16 Places to visit from Zurich
- 17 SURPRISE TRIP
- 18 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 19 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 22 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 23 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 24 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 25 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon