My wife and I are traveling to Italy mid-June. All hotels are booked and driving from once we to land to when we depart. We've already been to Rome, Vatican, Florence, Naples and Milan and wanted to explore new areas. For background, we love culture shock, good food, art and museums. We would like to balance being active and experiencing new things with relaxing since we work hard back home. Understanding that we won't get 100% of the experience in any one place here since we are hopping around a lot, but hoping to get small tastes of each city/town. Interested if you have activity/food suggestions or any sort of travel tips (we're new to driving in Europe). Thanks!
Day 1 - Arriving early into Milan and driving straight to Como. We are between staying at the Borgo Antico Hotel in Como or the Eremo Gaudio in Varenna. The latter has better views but debating between the two towns and what's best for a young couple like us. (Also, is Varenna the same as Como in that it is possible to get to by car without ferry?)
Day 2 - Leaving Como mid-day and traveling to Monterosso, Cinque Terre for hiking and the view.
Day 3 - Cinque Terre
Day 4- Leaving Cinque Terre for Monticello in Tuscany. Hoping to use Monticello as a home base to see other places like Siena, etc. The plan is cooking classes, wineries, biking, etc. Would love recommendations!
Day 5 - Monticello
Day 6 - Monticello
Day 7 - Leaving Monticello for Firenze and spending the night there. Already have tickets for Uffizi and know where we are eating dinner.
Day 8 - Leaving to Milan in the AM and spending the day sightseeing there.
Day 9 - Departing Milan back to the states.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Undisclsoed location
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 6 Rome to venice
- 7 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 8 Italy bus or train
- 9 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 10 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 14 Need help with my itinerary
- 15 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 16 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 17 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 18 Chamonix to Paris
- 19 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 20 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 24 Paris in September
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city