My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy in July 2014 for 11 days to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have never been to Europe before and desperately need some advice. After perusing guide books and the internet, the areas that interest us the most are Florence, Tuscany, the Cinque Terra and Lake Como. Our initial thoughts are to fly into Florence, spend 2 days in Florence, then rent a car and spend 3 days at a B&B in Tuscany, 2 days in the Cinque Terra, 2 days at Lake Como, then fly home from Milan. Thus we would allow 2 days for flying in/out and have 9 days for the actual trip. We would love advice on whether this itinerary involves too many locations for the time we have? We are both in good health and our interests include hiking, boating, and exploring local towns. Thank you in advance for any help you can give us.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 2 We have no idea where to go!
- 3 Restaurants/cafes in Paris still open after 10pm?
- 4 Is it worth driving around Southern Tuscany if we don't drink wine?
- 5 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 6 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 7 Hey Fodor's
- 8 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 9 Olive Oil
- 10 Fantastic 3Days adventure trip in Kenya for only Usd 280 (for the 3days)
- 11 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 12 Montmartre or St.Denis
- 13 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 14 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 15 Stockholm - airport to city during a layover?
- 16 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 17 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 18 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 19 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 20 Ideal first time trip to Germany-8-10 days --suggestions
- 21 France in December 2014
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 24 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 25 Need suggestions for Sienna and Orvieto