My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 London hotel tax is 20%
- 4 Barcelona December 26, 2014 thru January 1, 2015
- 5 Venice - boats on canals
- 6 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 7 Venice, just arrived
- 8 Car vs Train in Switzerland
- 9 Student Visa for Italy Questions
- 10 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 11 Solo trip to Sicily in December
- 12 Ghent or Paris?
- 13 Spain trip, 11 cities in 17 days? Please help with itinerary
- 14 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 15 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 16 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 17 Paris -> Berlin - What's the cheapest mode of transportation?
- 18 Greece Travel Planning for 2015
- 19 Local nomad apt rentals-can anyone recommend (or not)? Rome
- 20 Do trains run past midnight???
- 21 U.S. Citizen visiting Sweden for first time and I have two questions
- 22 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 23 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 24 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 25 Need suggestions for 5 days Italy trip