My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sweden- and another thing
- 2 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 5 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 6 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 7 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 8 Amsterdam and beyond
- 9 Puglia and Matera
- 10 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 11 Alsace
- 12 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 13 November in Greece
- 14 Travel help laundary
- 15 Italian trains on Sunday
- 16 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 17 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 18 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 19 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 20 My summer in Paris
- 21 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 22 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 23 Copenhagen - where to go/see
- 24 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 25 Renfe Schedule Release Policy?