My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 We're here!
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 7 Old European currency
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Brugge hotel help
- 22 Five night Ireland Trip
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 London Hotels