My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Track your personal bests when lifting weights
- 2 London in a Nutshell! - Travel Report
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 5 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 6 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 7 English Countryside
- 8 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 9 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 10 Flights from Croatia
- 11 Europe in late January
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 Cote d'Azure & Aix In need of your expertise-10 days in May
- 14 Sent a postcard recently from Italy?
- 15 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 16 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 17 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 18 Paris---baguette question???
- 19 Suggestions for Drive to Milan
- 20 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 21 Need help with train service Bologna, Rimini, Rome
- 22 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 23 Madrid - time to allow for train
- 24 Scenic Driving Routes
- 25 Vienna to Bratislava