My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 2 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 3 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 4 Which European country to visit in November? Spain/Italy/France?
- 5 Stockholm & Copenhagen - 7 Nights early Sep
- 6 http://isscamreview.com/tanaka-cargill-group-scam/
- 7 Milan to Zurich - stops & stayovers
- 8 Sicily transportation
- 9 Car Rental at Malaga Port
- 10 One quick week -- where in France?
- 11 3 days with a Swindon base
- 12 Brugge or Ghent?
- 13 Berlin Hotel feedback
- 14 Traveling from Sicily, Italy to Greece
- 15 Renaissance art - what is a "bierhead" ?
- 16 dubrovnik activities. Bay of Kotor
- 17 Jetlagged first day in Hamburg
- 18 Need help - Interlaken OR Zermatt / St.Martiz to spend time
- 19 Krka waterfalls- Best time and best hotel?
- 20 Which Guided Tour ??
- 21 easy daytrip from Firenze (without car)
- 22 What Greek islands should I visit
- 23 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 24 Day trips on Irish Rail from Dublin?
- 25 Train to L'Aquila italy