My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 2 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 3 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 4 Italy Countryside
- 5 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 6 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival
- 7 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 8 French Basque region
- 9 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 10 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 11 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 12 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?
- 13 biking tours in Italy?
- 14 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 15 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 16 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 17 VISA question
- 18 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 21 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 22 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 23 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 24 France,Spain,Italy
- 25 Scotland November 2015