My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 11 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Apartments in Rome
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 25 Venice 3 days Itinerary.