My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Oops - too many yes it is me me me
- 2 Travelling to Europe from OCT 15 to OCT 30
- 3 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 4 Scotland 1-week itinerary: Edinburgh + Highlands
- 5 Special Settings for Sitting! Paris
- 6 Anyone visiting Ireland
- 7 Train from Budapest to Bratislava or Brno
- 8 New Airline for Naxos
- 9 Salzburg Christmas Eve Dinner
- 10 RHK's Fall escape
- 11 Does anyone know first hand of a private driver in Rome
- 12 Part 2: The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 13 France: Montpellier, Toulouse, Bordeaux, Loire, Paris
- 14 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 15 Long Layover at the Heathrow Airport London
- 16 2 days in Aeolian Islands
- 17 Baviaran Alps End April Good idea?
- 18 Edgard bus website English version?
- 19 Early Flight Out of Stockholm on Disembarkation Day
- 20 Arcachon Bassin--best area to stay
- 21 Europe Itinerary
- 22 The Mystery and Beauty of Galicia
- 23 Rome/Bologna Itinerary
- 24 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 25 Anyone been to the Goodwood Festival of Speed?