My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 6 Planning a European Trip
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 9 France, UK and Ireland
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 12 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 13 Ireland
- 14 Netherlands,Belgium,Austria and South Germany
- 15 What do after Bernia Express?
- 16 No Periods in British Written English!
- 17 Does Mannedorf exist?
- 18 10 day Italy
- 19 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 20 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 21 Santorini lodging
- 22 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 23 Amalfi or Tuscany?
- 24 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 25 What to do at 7:00am