My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy real and fake Passport ,Visa,Driving License,ID etc
- 2 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 3 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 4 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 5 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 6 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 7 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 8 A drive in Europe
- 9 Romantic Venice Resturants with View
- 10 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 11 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 12 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 13 Hotel in Venice
- 14 Day trip on the Rhine
- 15 Avignon to London?
- 16 Swiss rail passes
- 17 Day trips
- 18 Europe in 21 days
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Day trip from London to Paris
- 22 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 23 Paris Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe
- 24 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 25 How to change college, after obtaining French visa?