My fiance and I are planning a late October honeymoon to Italy for two weeks. We're incredibly excited however we're feeling a little overwhelmed when it comes to solidifying our destinations and the time we want to spend in each. We are both quite active- we enjoy a lot of walking, biking, hiking, etc. We both appreciate history (museums, sight seeing, tours etc.) but also enjoy night life and consider ourselves foodies (we enjoy nice cafes, dinners out, etc). We will be spending a total of two weeks in Italy.
Our initial itinerary consisted of:
3 nights in Venice
3 nights in Tuscany
3 nights in Florence
3 nights in Rome
We're still unsure as to what is the "optimal" amount of time to spend in each destination. Should we stick with our current 3 day plan or adjust it? Should we spend only 2 nights in either Venice or Florence so that we could spend 4 nights in Rome? Should we consider a detour to Cinque Terre or the Amalfi Coast (would these destinations even be good in late October?) and if so, between what cities should we plan these detours? What destinations should we consider for day trips in smaller areas such as Tuscany?
Also if anyone has an opinion on the Boscolo vs. the Flora in Rome (both are Marriott properties) any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Any insight, advice, experience or guidance that could help ensure that these two lovebirds are planning the most romantic trip of our lives would be greatly appreciated. We just want to make sure we're maximizing our time in each city.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UNITED STATE YAHOO@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:982:8520 Tec*h 24/7
- 2 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 3 Preliminary Trip Planning for Venice/Florence/Umbria in late September
- 4 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 5 Trip Report – London, Devon and Somerset
- 6 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 7 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 8 Italy in January?
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 11 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 12 2 days in Lugano area
- 13 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 14 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 15 Half day in Côte d'Azur
- 16 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 17 (Repost) Overall cost of three weeks in Scotland??
- 18 Trouble Getting from Tours to Orly
- 19 Trad Music and Hops--Our Week in Dublin
- 20 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 21 Scotland in December
- 22 Car Service, CDG to Paris hotel.
- 23 Hotel Fita Amsterdam- questions re: air conditioning
- 24 Trip to Barcelona, london, Paris, and Amsterdam/Dublin
- 25 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como