My fiancee and I are getting married in September and I am just starting to plan our dream italian honeymoon, but I don't know where to start!
We have around 4 weeks in Italy and would like to ideally make our way from south to north as we would like to pop into Munich to see my fiancee's extended family at the end (not included in the four weeks). My thinking was to fly into Rome and out of Munich.
I have had lots of suggestions from friends about where to go but I am interested in your suggestions of hidden gems that many tourists do not know about - we would like the holiday to focus on great food, stunning scenery and the beautiful culture.
We would like to visit
- Tuscany (would love to stay in a farm house or apartment and take some cooking classes and really experience the culture)
- Amalfi Coast
- cinque terre.
Could anyone suggest how best to see Italy in 4 weeks? Or any other areas that shouldn't be missed?
Also, is hiring a car the best option or would you recommend trains and other transport?
Any help is very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 3 Airline to Rome
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Dublin Luggage storage
- 6 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 7 Croatia short sail trip
- 8 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 9 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 10 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 11 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 14 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 15 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 16 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 17 Low Cost Holidays Package
- 18 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 19 Which Hotel in Rome
- 20 First Solo Adventure
- 21 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Georgia in 4 days
- 24 Where should I go with my family?
- 25 Tasting sherry in Jerez