We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 스포츠토토 (→¶」 ＨＨＨＨＨ45.ＣｏＭ「¶←) 와이즈토토
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 Help required with Itinerary
- 4 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 5 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 8 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 9 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 10 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 11 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 12 Skye to Edinburgh
- 13 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 14 4 or 5 nights in Rome? 4 or 5 nights on AC?
- 15 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 18 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 19 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 UK Visa Help
- 22 K-Day
- 23 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 24 Sundays in Puglia
- 25 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts