We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norwegian natives: Where can I get a Grandiosa Pizza?!
- 2 toulouse - how is driving and parking
- 3 What clothes?
- 4 Early flight from Nice
- 5 Portugal/Spain trip--April or June?
- 6 How many times have you vacationed in Europe?
- 7 Sarlat-la-Canéda to Toulouse, please, critique driving schedule
- 8 London dining service charge
- 9 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 10 Help with our Provence Itinerary
- 11 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 12 Toulouse Hotels - Grand Hotel de l'Opera versus Le Grand Balcon
- 13 London Paris
- 14 Shopping in Paris
- 15 Lost speeding fine notice
- 16 ATM card didn't work in Italy!
- 17 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 18 Luggage on trains/security?
- 19 Norwegian air
- 20 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 21 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 22 Springtime in Luzern (& Rigi, Basel, Zofingen, Rapperswil...)
- 23 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 24 Afternoon Tea @ London
- 25 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so