We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 2 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 3 26 days in Italy
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 6 Prague old town
- 7 Car rental between countries
- 8 Holland Itinerary
- 9 tablet
- 10 Train Ticket Help
- 11 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 12 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices
- 13 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 14 Whirlwind trip!
- 15 Barcelona completely overrated
- 16 recommended hospitals in Athens Greece
- 17 Need Help with Itinerary – First Time in Portugal (2 Weeks)
- 18 Milan / Venice / Tuscany/ Barcelona
- 19 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 20 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 21 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 22 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 23 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 24 England and Wales by public transport
- 25 Rhine River Cruise