We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 2 UK in May and June
- 3 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 4 Spain: train/rental car help
- 5 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 6 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 7 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 8 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 9 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 10 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 11 13 nights in switzerland
- 12 Alhambra
- 13 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 14 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 15 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 16 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 17 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 18 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 21 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 22 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 23 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 24 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 25 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland