We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airbnb scam
- 2 Rental car in Italy
- 3 Another Visit to London
- 4 Puglia impressions, in brief
- 5 Papal Audience at the Vatican
- 6 8 days in Andalusia-what do you think?
- 7 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 8 15 nights in Italy
- 9 Bernina or Glacier Express?
- 10 Buying a SIM in Spain and using it in Italy, France and the UK also
- 11 Cash-free Scandinavia?
- 12 Overnight Layover -London
- 13 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 14 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 15 how to spend 9 nights in Provence (France)
- 16 Tips for Papal Audience this July?
- 17 Three days in Athens
- 18 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 19 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 20 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 21 Forints or Euros?
- 22 Reserving ferry tickets Greece during high season
- 23 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 24 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 25 3 weeks in Sardinia