We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 2 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 3 Night Walk, food and Shopping in Rome
- 4 Car hire
- 5 France to stop making foie grois
- 6 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 7 Dover queues
- 8 Puglia
- 9 Manchester on derby weekend
- 10 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 11 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 12 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 13 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 14 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 15 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 16 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 17 Barcelona to Morocco
- 18 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 19 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 20 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 21 From London to Paris to US
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 24 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 25 Naples or Genoa