We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO PASSWORD RECOVERY CONTACT SUPPORT ☎ 1-888-482-3831 Technical CAre
- 2 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 3 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 4 Notes on our Edinburgh trip (end of May 2017)
- 5 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 8 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 9 Edinbrugh
- 10 Looking for an apartment to rent. Better than hotel?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Maximizing Norway time
- 13 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 14 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 15 Hiking in Switzerland
- 16 Best layover option
- 17 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 18 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Berlin
- 21 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 22 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 23 3 days solo in London
- 24 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 25 Summer Mountain Retreats