We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Italian beach town (after Tuscany)
- 1 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 2 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 3 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 6 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 7 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 8 Rome Accommodation
- 9 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 10 rent car / Munich
- 11 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 12 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 13 Italian Lakes gardens
- 14 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 15 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 16 Chambermaid tipping
- 17 TGV and Provence questions
- 18 Novels set in Greece
- 19 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 20 To Paris and Provence in June
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 23 More help with housing in Puglia
- 24 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 25 Euro Train