We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence - Cassis and the Luberon?
- 2 Pompeii and Amalfi in three days
- 3 Need advice on transportation
- 4 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 5 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 6 Tallinn for 1st time
- 7 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 8 L'As Du Fallafel
- 9 Avignon
- 10 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 11 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 12 Porto to Lisbon and the airport
- 13 Storage of extra luggage
- 14 8 days in Ireland. Dublin to Shannon.
- 15 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 16 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 17 Advice for overnight Istanbul layover?
- 18 September in Switzerland
- 19 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 20 Italy train travel question
- 21 Santorini for three nights
- 22 Norway by motorhome
- 23 Padova Experts! Scrovegni Booking Quandry
- 24 Need Help, Iceland
- 25 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking