We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 St Petersburg 3 day Shore Tours from Cruise
- 4 New Dublin Museum
- 5 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 6 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 7 Sentimental Journey
- 8 Cost of Van from CDG
- 9 Italy- 18nights, 4 regions!
- 10 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 11 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 12 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 13 Bus to Cadaques ?
- 14 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 15 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 16 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 17 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 18 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 19 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 20 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 21 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 22 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 23 German Train travel
- 24 Barcelona on budget
- 25 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)