We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Italian beach town (after Tuscany)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 2 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 3 7 Nights in Paris
- 4 'Non war cemetery' Allied war graves in France (and elsewhere)
- 5 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 6 Cell phones in Ireland
- 7 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 8 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 11 Priceline for London hotels
- 12 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 13 Ireland itinerary
- 14 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 15 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 16 Fjords, How To?
- 17 Istanbul Itinerary
- 18 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 19 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 20 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 21 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 22 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 23 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 24 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 25 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person