We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Italian beach town (after Tuscany)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 9 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Heli Tour
- 12 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 15 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 21 Tight Planning?
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 24 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 25 Travel with Teens