We are currently planning a trip to Europe next Spring or early Summer with our kids (twins who will be 7 at the time). We want to go to Italy and want to combine it with one other country while we are there (have thought about Greece and Spain, but currently are leaning towards French Riviera). My husband and I have been to Italy a few times and would like to go places we haven't been. I'm hoping to have 3 weeks total for the entire trip.
Given my kids' interests I am currently envisioning a week in the French Riviera mostly at the beach, but also exploring and hopefully with a little museum time. They are good hikers and love the beach and pools. Then I think it would be good to spend about a week in Tuscany at a place with a pool and then another week in a small town with good beaches, also in Italy and preferrably not too terribly far from Tuscany. Hiking options would be good. My husband and I have been to the Amalfi Coast and to the Cinque Terre. I'd love to find someplace in Italy with a similar small, quaint feeling with good food but also with a nice sandy beach.
I've searched the forums and came up with a bunch of suggestions in Puglia, but that is further than I'd like to travel especially with the kids.
So, anyone know of a good sandy beach town not too far from Tuscany?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 2 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 International Flight Question
- 7 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 8 Interesting places to visit
- 9 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 10 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 11 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 12 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 13 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 21 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking