We have narrowed our 18 day summer vacation destinations to either Istria and northern Croatia or Calabria and Sicily.
We enjoy history, art, medieval hill towns and seaside villages with beautiful beaches.
For Croatia, we would fly into Venice and drive to the Istrian Peninsula, where we would stay in various villages, both by the sea and more inland, then drive through northern Croatia towards Zagreb.
For Calabria, we would fly into Naples, then drive down the Calabrian coast, stopping in some of the more beautiful seaside villages, then cross into Sicily, visiting Syracuse, Agrigento and Palermo.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 Hotels in Turin
- 3 Berlin to ?
- 4 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 5 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 8 Trogir or Split
- 9 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 10 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 11 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 12 Istria in two days
- 13 Barcelona and Paris trip report
- 14 Looking for advice about flight from Barcelona to Paris
- 15 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 16 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 17 Scotland itinerary help
- 18 Rental Car pick up in Cortana
- 19 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 20 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 21 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 22 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 23 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 24 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 25 Fodors's Slow to Load Lately?