We have narrowed our 18 day summer vacation destinations to either Istria and northern Croatia or Calabria and Sicily.
We enjoy history, art, medieval hill towns and seaside villages with beautiful beaches.
For Croatia, we would fly into Venice and drive to the Istrian Peninsula, where we would stay in various villages, both by the sea and more inland, then drive through northern Croatia towards Zagreb.
For Calabria, we would fly into Naples, then drive down the Calabrian coast, stopping in some of the more beautiful seaside villages, then cross into Sicily, visiting Syracuse, Agrigento and Palermo.
Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 K-Day
- 2 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 3 UK Visa Help
- 4 Cell Phone Question
- 5 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 6 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 7 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 8 Spain in December
- 9 advance tickets?
- 10 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 11 Help required with Itinerary
- 12 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 13 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 14 Greek Islands (small)
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 17 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 18 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 19 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 20 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 21 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 22 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 23 Best place to park in Bath and Windsor
- 24 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 25 lurento sports car rental - anyone?