I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can I drive in Europe with a US license?
- 2 Isle Sur-la-Sorgue Thursday
- 3 Sorrento or Positano
- 4 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 5 How many nights in Lucerne, how many in Lauterbrunnen?
- 6 US to Toulouse, connecting through Gatwick - how much connection time?
- 7 Germany "Riddled with Crime"?
- 8 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 9 Need accommodation advice for staying in central London
- 10 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 11 An afternoon in Geiranger
- 12 What clothes?
- 13 What is the French job 'Rectifieur (ouvrier)'?
- 14 tipping
- 15 First Time Visit to UK - 3 Weeks Itinerary Help
- 16 Where to sleep in Manchester?
- 17 Where to stay in lavender country in Provence?
- 18 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 19 Before & after Dolomites trip
- 20 Edinburgh Conference Centre, Riccarton -- nearby hotels?
- 21 Advice about Naples?
- 22 Eurail or Direct tickets?
- 23 I need suggestion on where to stay in Port Alcudia
- 24 Norway night train questions for Norway in a nutshell
- 25 Lavender country Provence hotel