I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Istanbul's Foodies Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 2 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 3 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 4 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 5 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 6 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 7 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 8 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 9 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 10 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 11 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 12 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 13 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 14 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 15 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 16 Five nights in Extremadura
- 17 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 18 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 19 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 20 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 21 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 22 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 23 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 24 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget