I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 CASH OR CARD?
- 2 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 3 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 4 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 7 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 8 Hiking in Switzerland
- 9 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 10 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 11 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 12 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 15 NL/googlehangoutApp/vodafone/again
- 16 2 days in Lugano area
- 17 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 18 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 19 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 20 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Help on ancient history route
- 23 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 24 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 25 Train-Dijon/Paris/BruxellesMidi/Bruges