I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Iceland early december visit
- 5 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 God Save the Queen?
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Visiting Plitivce National Park