I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Istanbul's Foodies Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 2 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 3 How safe is "Combe Laval Road" or ROUTE DE GENTLY to drive a car?
- 4 French open
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 tulips in the Netherland
- 7 England and Scotland
- 8 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 11 Azores
- 12 Azores
- 13 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 14 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 15 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 16 Air pollution in Paris
- 17 Trains in Italy
- 18 Dublin to Armagh?
- 19 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 20 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 21 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 22 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 23 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 24 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?
- 25 Amazon 50% off sale on Rosetta Stone German