I will be visiting Istanbul soon and am so excited about it, i love food but don't know much about the food in Turkey, but I have read tons of guidebooks about the restaurants in Istanbul and would like to seek advise from you as a local or a foodies of Istanbul for suggestions.
1) SULTANAHMET FISH HOUSE
Is it a good one? and any particularly dish you will highly recommended?
2) I heard that Akın Balık under the Gelata is a nice restaurant, but I read that they don't have menu, is it true? Do people speak English there? Any recommended dishes ? I also read some blogs saying that there are two levels of restaurant named Akin Balik, one is good and the other sucks, but the blog wasn't mention that clear , do anyone have more information on that?
3) Btw, do meze can be refilled for free? and I often saw from the Internet that all restaurant will carry loads of meze in a tray for customer to select , was that charged individually most of the time? or depends on the type of food you pick, u will get free meze?
4) Do you recommended Akdeniz Hatay Sofrasi ? It seems dishes need to be prepared in a significant of time? Was that really taste that special ?
5) Do raki taste too strong mostly to woman? Is it an alcohol that can be easily get drunk fast since I know that it is high in alcoholic content?
Thanks a lot. Appreciated for any of your answers.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 2 Advice : Tec*h SUPP0RT VERIZON MAIL CONTACT 1:8OO:540:6830 Reset Password
- 3 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 4 London and Normandy
- 5 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 6 First Trip to Italy- Help!
- 7 Madrid or Barcelona first?
- 8 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 9 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 10 London is it worth it?
- 11 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 12 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 13 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 14 Transfer from Naples Airport to Positano
- 15 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 16 free international phone calls
- 17 France Study Abroad
- 18 Lisbon
- 19 Airport Transportation
- 20 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 21 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 22 Storing bags while traveling using Swiss Rail Pass.
- 23 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 24 Taxi from Heathrow Airport
- 25 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be