We are two couples in early 60's traveling to Istanbul Turkey for the first time in May 2013. We are on a budget but safety is our number one concern. We are not familiar with this part of the world. How safe is travel in Istanbul and in rural areas of Turkey. We have nine nights and would like to see some small typical villages. We like independent travel and would like suggestions on day trips using public transportation. Thanks.
Istanbul Turkey safe budget hotels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 2 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 3 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 4 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 5 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 6 4-6 weeks
- 7 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 8 France, Italy and Greec
- 9 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 12 Venice Banning Fodors
- 13 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 14 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 15 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 16 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 17 Eiffel tower tickets
- 18 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 19 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 20 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Rome---August and September
- 23 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 24 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 25 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015