We are two couples in early 60's traveling to Istanbul Turkey for the first time in May 2013. We are on a budget but safety is our number one concern. We are not familiar with this part of the world. How safe is travel in Istanbul and in rural areas of Turkey. We have nine nights and would like to see some small typical villages. We like independent travel and would like suggestions on day trips using public transportation. Thanks.
Istanbul Turkey safe budget hotels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airport ATMs
- 2 Story of the German Christmas star
- 3 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 4 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 5 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 6 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 7 Southern Spain
- 8 From Paris to Bruselas-Amsterdam-London
- 9 driving in france with kids
- 10 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 11 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 12 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 13 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 14 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 15 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 16 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 17 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 18 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 19 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 20 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 21 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 22 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 23 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 24 All Set To Go!!
- 25 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report