We are two couples in early 60's traveling to Istanbul Turkey for the first time in May 2013. We are on a budget but safety is our number one concern. We are not familiar with this part of the world. How safe is travel in Istanbul and in rural areas of Turkey. We have nine nights and would like to see some small typical villages. We like independent travel and would like suggestions on day trips using public transportation. Thanks.
Istanbul Turkey safe budget hotels
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Three days in Spain
- 3 London visit
- 4 Monet in Normandy
- 5 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 6 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 7 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 8 No points in Paris .....
- 9 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 10 Useful website for France
- 11 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 12 storing luggage for 10 days in Paris?
- 13 Italian cooking classes
- 14 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 15 Amalfi coast in 4 days starting today, plz advise.
- 16 Croatia-Slovenia-Austria Itinerary Help!
- 17 Small group for Colosseum
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 best time to book accommodation
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 22 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 23 SIM card for eastern europe
- 24 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 25 Water taxi reservations in Venice