Please help with advice - we'll be in Istanbul Turkey for 9 days in January and attending a wedding! Staying with Turkish families, no need for hotel / restaurant / rental car / itinerary as we will go with the flow. We've been there before, so checking tourist spots is not on the agenda for this trip. Haven't been to Istanbul for 4-5 years, so here goes
A. What gifts are cool, desirable, and hard to get in Turkey to bring from the USA? Nothing bulky or heavy.
- Gifts for young men ages 20-30, their parents ~50's, and one grandmother ~70's.
- Gifts for the wife-to-be-who-we-have-not-met. Mid-late 20's, she is a doctor.
We've tried asking but they said "just come - bring yourselves", but that is not essentially too helpful
Here's my plan:
Young men = electronics? Polo Ralph Lauren clothes? Other brand? NFL? MLB? College logo?
Parents of Bride and Groom = Moms - jewelry, Dads = I'm stumped
Grandmother = reading glasses, clothes, ?
Bride and Groom = money. dollars. housewares??
B. Wedding advice? Land mines? What to wear/do at the wedding/reception? Colors to avoid? What do people typically give at weddings, besides money? Do they have registries there like here?
Thanks in advance for all your help! We can't wait to go back to Istanbul!!!!!!
PS will post trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help for Sicily
- 2 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 3 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 4 Restaurants near Cortina, Italy
- 5 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 6 Can I visit Rotterdam on a 6h40 min layover in Schiphol?
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 11 Nice room in Venice in late September for £150?
- 12 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 13 Scotland in December
- 14 10 days in London in early December
- 15 Iceland
- 16 Greece
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Edinburgh to Falkirk Wheel to Glasgow
- 19 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 20 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 21 Berlin to ?
- 22 4 nights Prague..then where? Need help
- 23 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 24 tickets for Wimbledon
- 25 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living