Please help with advice - we'll be in Istanbul Turkey for 9 days in January and attending a wedding! Staying with Turkish families, no need for hotel / restaurant / rental car / itinerary as we will go with the flow. We've been there before, so checking tourist spots is not on the agenda for this trip. Haven't been to Istanbul for 4-5 years, so here goes
A. What gifts are cool, desirable, and hard to get in Turkey to bring from the USA? Nothing bulky or heavy.
- Gifts for young men ages 20-30, their parents ~50's, and one grandmother ~70's.
- Gifts for the wife-to-be-who-we-have-not-met. Mid-late 20's, she is a doctor.
We've tried asking but they said "just come - bring yourselves", but that is not essentially too helpful
Here's my plan:
Young men = electronics? Polo Ralph Lauren clothes? Other brand? NFL? MLB? College logo?
Parents of Bride and Groom = Moms - jewelry, Dads = I'm stumped
Grandmother = reading glasses, clothes, ?
Bride and Groom = money. dollars. housewares??
B. Wedding advice? Land mines? What to wear/do at the wedding/reception? Colors to avoid? What do people typically give at weddings, besides money? Do they have registries there like here?
Thanks in advance for all your help! We can't wait to go back to Istanbul!!!!!!
PS will post trip report
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 3 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 8 Paris to Italy
- 9 Travel from Lisbon to Amsterdam to Boston
- 10 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 11 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 12 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 13 Spanish Medical Providers
- 14 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 15 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 20 Road trip with our dog
- 21 Driving through Paris
- 22 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 23 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 24 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 25 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question