I'll be in Istanbul for three nights in mid February. I have the traditional tourist sites on my list. I'm not a history buff, but sometimes I like the wealth of information one can quickly learn from a quick group walking tour. I'll have my trusty Fodor's Turkey guide with me, but would you recommend doing a guided walking tour of sites in Sultanahmet? Any particular guided tours that people liked?
I don't want to spend a whole day on a tour; prefer a 2-3 hour walking tour, then going my own way for lunch and perhaps doing another 2-3 hour tour the following day or later in the afternoon. So, if I need to go with a guide for select sites, that would work too. On a budget and can't spend more than $40-$50 on a guided tour. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 5 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 6 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 7 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 8 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 11 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 12 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 13 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 14 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 15 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 16 Salzburg itinerary review
- 17 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 18 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 19 Milan and Lake Como
- 20 weekend from cologne germany
- 21 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 22 Switzerland in September
- 23 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 24 Where to eat in Rome?
- 25 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?