I'll be in Istanbul for three nights in mid February. I have the traditional tourist sites on my list. I'm not a history buff, but sometimes I like the wealth of information one can quickly learn from a quick group walking tour. I'll have my trusty Fodor's Turkey guide with me, but would you recommend doing a guided walking tour of sites in Sultanahmet? Any particular guided tours that people liked?
I don't want to spend a whole day on a tour; prefer a 2-3 hour walking tour, then going my own way for lunch and perhaps doing another 2-3 hour tour the following day or later in the afternoon. So, if I need to go with a guide for select sites, that would work too. On a budget and can't spend more than $40-$50 on a guided tour. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bellsouth Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 bellsouth Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 Krakow
- 3 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 4 Venice/Mestre
- 5 Quizz !
- 6 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 7 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 8 Italy Car Scam
- 9 Pay attention to your watches !
- 10 Spanish Medical Providers
- 11 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 12 Itinerary advice Greece Nov 18-26
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 15 London Under the Path: Riding the Underground Mail Rail Line
- 16 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 17 9 Days in Spain
- 18 No Trains in January Paris to Venice?
- 19 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 20 Iceland early december visit
- 21 Zurich to Milan trip
- 22 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 23 Stonehenge Inner Circle next May
- 24 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 25 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?