I'll be in Istanbul for three nights in mid February. I have the traditional tourist sites on my list. I'm not a history buff, but sometimes I like the wealth of information one can quickly learn from a quick group walking tour. I'll have my trusty Fodor's Turkey guide with me, but would you recommend doing a guided walking tour of sites in Sultanahmet? Any particular guided tours that people liked?
I don't want to spend a whole day on a tour; prefer a 2-3 hour walking tour, then going my own way for lunch and perhaps doing another 2-3 hour tour the following day or later in the afternoon. So, if I need to go with a guide for select sites, that would work too. On a budget and can't spend more than $40-$50 on a guided tour. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 2 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 3 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 4 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 7 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 8 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 9 Short Trip in July
- 10 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 11 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 12 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 17 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 18 K-Day
- 19 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 20 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 21 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 22 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 23 Greek Islands (small)
- 24 Campervan in Croatia
- 25 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?