We are leaving for Istanbul in just over a week and planning out our itinerary. Would love some help with a few logistical questions:
1) When is the best time to visit Topkapi palace to avoid lines/crowds? We are wondering whether to go first thing in the morning or wait until the afternoon?
2) When is the best time to visit the Dolmabahce palace? Is there any way to get tickets ahead of time, or is waiting in line a must?
3) We got tickets to this concert, which seems to be really out of the way.
http://www.biletix.com/etkinlik/P1M24/ISTANBUL/en Is there a good way to get there via public transportation? I'm also worried about getting back to our hotel in Sultanahmet after the concert -- how hard would it be to get a cab? Do we need to arrange one in advance?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 2 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 3 Zermatt this weekend, a good idea looking at the weather?
- 4 Connecting rooms for 2 families in Amsterdam?
- 5 If you visit London, go to the Kew Gardens!
- 6 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 7 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 8 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 9 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 10 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 11 Transportation from Westport via Athlone to Belturbet or Ballinamore area
- 12 Studying art in English in venice
- 13 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 14 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 15 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??
- 16 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 17 Trip Report: Austria - salt mine, ice cave, Habsburgs' Summer Palace
- 18 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 19 Berlin to ?
- 20 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 21 Trogir or Split
- 22 Day tour from Edinburgh - Hairy Coo v/s Rabies?
- 23 Scotland
- 24 Hotels in Turin
- 25 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?