My wife and I are planning a short (2.5 days) stop on our way from US to India. We are in late 20s, we like traveling and hence decided to explore the city of Istanbul for a couple of days. We would like to have a combination of touristy things as well as would like to explore some local culture. Please plan to stay in Sultanahmet neighborhood. We started planning our itinerary and have few questions. Any help will be appreciated.
- Palace: Coming from India, where we have seen a lot palaces, does it make sense to see a palace in Istanbul? If so, Topkapi or Dolmabahce?
- Is Hamam in Istanbul over rated or is it worth it? If so which one would you recommend Suleymaniye, Cemberlitas, Cagaloglu or anything else?
- Renting scooter - Late evening (around 8:30pm) we would love to go for a short drive around the city as all the historic buildings are well lit. Is there an option of renting a scooter? If not, what are our options?
- Shopping mall - not looking to shop anything, but since they are old do they have old/different architecture and worth a walk? if so, which one would you recommend Istinye Park, Kanyon, Cevahir?
- Grand Bazaar and Spice market - I have read they get really crowded and we will probably have to go there on a Saturday - does it makes sense to do them early morning, 8am?
- Coffee - Looking for a couple of recommendations for authentic coffee cafe in Istanbul
- How long would it typically take to do - Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 5 barcelona neighborhood
- 6 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 7 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 8 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 9 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Les Invalides Night Show
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Which Day?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 23 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)