We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 2 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Last minute trip to Capri
- 5 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 6 AMS Car Rental
- 7 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 8 Private transportation between Italian Cities
- 9 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 10 Where to eat in Rome?
- 11 weekend from cologne germany
- 12 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 13 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 14 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 15 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 18 Milan and Lake Como
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 21 One week in Europe
- 22 Budapest to Kosice
- 23 Venice in October... by myself! (Please advise.)
- 24 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 25 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!