We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan/Venice/Florence in October?
- 2 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 3 Help on ancient history route
- 4 Italy in January?
- 5 Switzerland in October
- 6 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 7 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 8 2 days in Lugano area
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 Scotland & UK: 2 weeks with Sheep & Cows
- 11 Tuscany First Time
- 12 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!
- 13 Short Trip in Spain taggin along work trip
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Recommendations
- 16 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 17 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 18 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 19 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 20 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 21 Paris- restaurant
- 22 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 23 4 nights in Provence, advice
- 24 Iceland car rental agencies
- 25 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!