We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 2 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 3 9 days in London
- 4 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 5 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 6 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 7 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 8 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 11 Lyon
- 12 Self drive tour companies
- 13 Italian lakes
- 14 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 15 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 16 What do after Bernia Express?
- 17 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 18 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 19 France, UK and Ireland
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 French theater in Paris
- 22 Best way to learn a foreign language?
- 23 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 24 Germany family road trip help!
- 25 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!