We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 3 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 4 Greek Islands (small)
- 5 Taking a high speed train from Rome, Italy to Venice, Italy for a day trip.
- 6 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 7 Scotland in 7 Days
- 8 Azores
- 9 Madrid, Barcelona and .....
- 10 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 11 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 12 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 13 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 14 Cascais or Algarve?
- 15 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 16 Cotswolds cottage ideas
- 17 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 18 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 19 Bergen Hotel -- near Port ?
- 20 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 23 Short Trip in July
- 24 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 25 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!