We have a very brief visit to Istanbul in early October. We'll be staying in Sultanahmet on a Sunday and after an early breakfast, we'll have to leave at the latest by 11:30am (for a 2pm International Flight).
I was wondering how much we could/should realistically see on this schedule.
There are people saying we could squeeze in Blue Mosque (opens at 8:30am), Hagy Sophia and Basilica Cistern.
Is this really doable or will we be running the whole time? (I'd like to avoid having to run.)
Also ideally I'd like to leave some time for browsing for gifts. Many areas are closed on Sunday, but I know Arasta Bazaar is open. I'm also open to other areas to browse interesting stores.
Your advice is greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 4 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 5 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 6 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 7 5 Days in Switzerland
- 8 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 Spain in July
- 11 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 12 International Flight Question
- 13 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 14 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 15 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 18 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 19 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 20 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 21 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 22 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 23 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 24 Interesting places to visit
- 25 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
Istanbul: how much can I realistically see in a few hours on a Sunday?!