We've been home a couple of weeks now, and we're still enjoying our dried apricots and sumac and pistachios. The food was incredible!
There was some discussion here a few weeks ago about Istanbul Eats and which tour to take. IE was featured on CBS Sunday Morning recently and here's a short video of one of their tours:
It's the "Culinary Secrets of the Old City" with guide Megan Clark, which is the tour we took (with Megan). The video gives you a bit more information, and lets you see Istanbul again.
Istanbul Eats Culinary Tour on TV
- 1 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 2 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 3 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 4 rent car / Munich
- 5 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 Italian Lakes gardens
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 10 Greek islands from Turkey
- 11 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 12 Chambermaid tipping
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Novels set in Greece
- 15 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 16 To Paris and Provence in June
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 19 More help with housing in Puglia
- 20 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 23 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 24 Rome Accommodation
- 25 Weekend in Lake Bled?