Visiting Istanbul for 3 nights on our way back from Croatia back to the States in a few weeks.
Currently have a reservation at the Park Hyatt but looking a bit closer at the property it seems so very far from the center of the action, especially given that we're first-time visitors.
We don't literally need to be in the middle of the madness but I also don't want to be so dreadfully far away that getting around becomes unmanageable.
What are the best higher-end properties? Definitely cannot afford the Four Seasons (either of them) at over $1000/night. But something in the $350-500/night range is fine.
One place that looks really interesting is the House Hotel Bosphorus--which has a beautiful waterfront location but, again, I worry about the overall location.
Any recommendations would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin Leap Card
- 2 Vatican City questions
- 3 Which city am i likely to see more skin in? Athens/Prague or Vienna
- 4 3 weeks - Helsinki-Tallinn-Riga-Vilnius - Aug/Sept.
- 5 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 6 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 7 Cooking tours 3-4 days June 4 in Northern Italy
- 8 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 9 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 10 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 11 Piedmont as a destination
- 12 dinner jackets
- 13 Santa Margherta Ligure, Rapallo, Portofino....
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Garda Land
- 16 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Should we get a Swiss Travel Pass?
- 19 2 weeks Europe trip
- 20 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 21 Booked intercity Flight, Confirmation misplaced
- 22 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 23 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours