Looking at planning a first time trip to Turkey in October and trying to figure out the best way to do Istanbul and Ephesus. I thought about a day trip to Ephesus flying in super early and leaving in the evening, but there looks like there's much to explore in the area and spending a couple of days sounds much less stressful. This is the plan so far. Only the ticket to Istanbul has been booked. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Day 1 Sept 29-- Arrive in Istanbul -- stay in Sultanamet area?
Day 2 Sept 30 Istanbul
Day 3 Oct 1 . Early morning flight to Izmir. Staying in Selçuk for base. See Ephesus.
Day 4 Oct 2 -- Day trip to Kuşadası
Day Oct 3 - Day trip to Şirince.
Day 6 Oct 4 - Fly back from Izmir to Istanbul in the evening. Staying in Sultanamet area again?
Day 7 Oct 5 - Istanbul
Day 8 Oct 6 Istanbul
Day 9 Oct 7 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyorder.org/alpha-pro-boost/
- 2 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 3 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 4 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 5 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 6 One night in the Dolomites
- 7 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 8 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 9 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 10 Airport Transit Visa
- 11 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 12 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 13 Where in Greece
- 14 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 15 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 16 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 17 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 18 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 19 Vatican tour
- 20 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 21 Day in Capri
- 22 alcazar question and seville advice
- 23 TSA Precheck
- 24 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 25 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches