Looking at planning a first time trip to Turkey in October and trying to figure out the best way to do Istanbul and Ephesus. I thought about a day trip to Ephesus flying in super early and leaving in the evening, but there looks like there's much to explore in the area and spending a couple of days sounds much less stressful. This is the plan so far. Only the ticket to Istanbul has been booked. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Day 1 Sept 29-- Arrive in Istanbul -- stay in Sultanamet area?
Day 2 Sept 30 Istanbul
Day 3 Oct 1 . Early morning flight to Izmir. Staying in Selçuk for base. See Ephesus.
Day 4 Oct 2 -- Day trip to Kuşadası
Day Oct 3 - Day trip to Şirince.
Day 6 Oct 4 - Fly back from Izmir to Istanbul in the evening. Staying in Sultanamet area again?
Day 7 Oct 5 - Istanbul
Day 8 Oct 6 Istanbul
Day 9 Oct 7 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 getting to CDG
- 2 Towersey, London
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 5 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 6 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 7 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 8 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 9 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 12 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 13 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 14 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 15 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 16 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 17 Amalfi Coast help
- 18 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 19 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 20 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 21 Ireland in April
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 24 A few days outside Rome
- 25 days and times when museums and suchlike close