Looking at planning a first time trip to Turkey in October and trying to figure out the best way to do Istanbul and Ephesus. I thought about a day trip to Ephesus flying in super early and leaving in the evening, but there looks like there's much to explore in the area and spending a couple of days sounds much less stressful. This is the plan so far. Only the ticket to Istanbul has been booked. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Day 1 Sept 29-- Arrive in Istanbul -- stay in Sultanamet area?
Day 2 Sept 30 Istanbul
Day 3 Oct 1 . Early morning flight to Izmir. Staying in Selçuk for base. See Ephesus.
Day 4 Oct 2 -- Day trip to Kuşadası
Day Oct 3 - Day trip to Şirince.
Day 6 Oct 4 - Fly back from Izmir to Istanbul in the evening. Staying in Sultanamet area again?
Day 7 Oct 5 - Istanbul
Day 8 Oct 6 Istanbul
Day 9 Oct 7 Leave
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona alternative
- 2 Paris to Italy
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 5 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 6 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 7 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 10 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 11 Iceland early december visit
- 12 Frankfurt to UK
- 13 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 14 God Save the Queen?
- 15 Road trip with our dog
- 16 Milan or Turin
- 17 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 18 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Spanish Medical Providers
- 24 Italy Car Scam
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris