Looking at planning a first time trip to Turkey in October and trying to figure out the best way to do Istanbul and Ephesus. I thought about a day trip to Ephesus flying in super early and leaving in the evening, but there looks like there's much to explore in the area and spending a couple of days sounds much less stressful. This is the plan so far. Only the ticket to Istanbul has been booked. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys have.
Day 1 Sept 29-- Arrive in Istanbul -- stay in Sultanamet area?
Day 2 Sept 30 Istanbul
Day 3 Oct 1 . Early morning flight to Izmir. Staying in Selçuk for base. See Ephesus.
Day 4 Oct 2 -- Day trip to Kuşadası
Day Oct 3 - Day trip to Şirince.
Day 6 Oct 4 - Fly back from Izmir to Istanbul in the evening. Staying in Sultanamet area again?
Day 7 Oct 5 - Istanbul
Day 8 Oct 6 Istanbul
Day 9 Oct 7 Leave
Istanbul and Ephesus
- 1 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 2 Germany and Italy
- 3 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 4 Which tour company would be best?
- 5 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 6 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 7 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 8 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 9 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 10 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 11 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 12 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 13 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 14 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 15 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 16 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 17 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 18 London at Xmas
- 19 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 20 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 21 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 22 Hotel question...first time to Paris!
- 23 BRITISH ISLES---GLOBUS TOURS
- 24 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 25 Day trip from The Hague to Brussels or Bruges - possible?