Hello...I will be going to Greece in August and could spend 3-4 days somewhere near there. I really want to go to Istanbul since it's only 1 hr+ flight from Athens. Is it safe for women traveling alone? I'm thinking to take city tour from Viator and maybe one of the night dinner show. Should I hire a tour guide instead? I traveled to Cairo before but that was with a girlfriend and I did ended up hiring a private guide (based on fellow Fodorite recommendations!) which somewhat helped a lot considering that was my first time there. I'm pretty independent, but wanted to get some opinion. Any comments are much appreciated!!
Istanbul - safe for single woman traveler?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Quiz # 43 - Geography
- 2 Is this realistic... advice?
- 3 which is worse in july - rome or venice?
- 4 Pleased help! Does Venice have a ZTL?
- 5 Michelin, Fodors, Rough Guide, or ???-What's your favorite travel guide?
- 6 Euro Quiz #44 - Museum Pourri
- 7 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 8 Spontaneous trip to Eastern Europe
- 9 Pickup rental car in Germany and drop off in Switzerland
- 10 Home Base in Belgium
- 11 Destination Benson; help with 2 options, please
- 12 Recommendations for hotels in Helsinki
- 13 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 14 Age for booking a hotel?
- 15 How tough are they with carry-ons for intra European flights?
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 19 First Europe trip - France, Italy & Greece
- 20 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 21 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 22 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 23 mallorca
- 24 Train to Harry Potter Studio---Tips?
- 25 Switzerland Trip with Family