We will be spending a week in Italy in early July and are looking for an apartment or house to rent near the ocean. We ideally were targeting Abruzzo, as I have family near Pescara who I would like to visit but don't really care to stay with and also we think it's a lovely region. Trouble is, we're having trouble finding what we are looking for, so I am hoping for suggestions from people who know the area in case we've overlooked particular towns. Our ideal is to be situated in the actual city center so we don't have to drive for dinner or a cafe, etc. (we are NYers and prefer to walk places whenever possible!) If we have to drive to beaches, that works, but we don't want it to be a long drive, as we will likely go at least 4 of the days we are visiting. What I've been seeing online in Abruzzo is mainly either really dumpy looking or kind of just apartment/condo on the beach that frankly doesn't look much different than if you rented something on the shore in the U.S. I've started to think that maybe since it's not a real tourist destination, there isn't much good inventory. We stayed in a little town called Monopoli in Puglia a few years ago and it was perfect -- located in a lovely old shore town, but close to small coves and beaches. I'd love to discover another town like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
ISO City recs to visit near sea - Abruzzo/Molise region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 2 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 3 Cotswolds village base
- 4 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 5 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 6 First Time Going to Europe
- 7 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 8 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 9 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 10 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 11 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 12 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 13 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 14 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 15 International driving permit required in France?
- 16 How long in Venice?
- 17 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 18 Hotel in Rome?
- 19 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 20 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 21 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 22 Traditional food in Athens
- 23 Getting cash in Spain
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's