We will be spending a week in Italy in early July and are looking for an apartment or house to rent near the ocean. We ideally were targeting Abruzzo, as I have family near Pescara who I would like to visit but don't really care to stay with and also we think it's a lovely region. Trouble is, we're having trouble finding what we are looking for, so I am hoping for suggestions from people who know the area in case we've overlooked particular towns. Our ideal is to be situated in the actual city center so we don't have to drive for dinner or a cafe, etc. (we are NYers and prefer to walk places whenever possible!) If we have to drive to beaches, that works, but we don't want it to be a long drive, as we will likely go at least 4 of the days we are visiting. What I've been seeing online in Abruzzo is mainly either really dumpy looking or kind of just apartment/condo on the beach that frankly doesn't look much different than if you rented something on the shore in the U.S. I've started to think that maybe since it's not a real tourist destination, there isn't much good inventory. We stayed in a little town called Monopoli in Puglia a few years ago and it was perfect -- located in a lovely old shore town, but close to small coves and beaches. I'd love to discover another town like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
ISO City recs to visit near sea - Abruzzo/Molise region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 2 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 3 nearby cities to london
- 4 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 5 London hotel
- 6 Prague - Tram #22
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 13 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 14 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 15 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 16 Where to stay in Rome
- 17 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 18 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 21 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 22 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 23 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 24 Sicily Suggetions
- 25 Germany driving itinerary starting questions