We will be spending a week in Italy in early July and are looking for an apartment or house to rent near the ocean. We ideally were targeting Abruzzo, as I have family near Pescara who I would like to visit but don't really care to stay with and also we think it's a lovely region. Trouble is, we're having trouble finding what we are looking for, so I am hoping for suggestions from people who know the area in case we've overlooked particular towns. Our ideal is to be situated in the actual city center so we don't have to drive for dinner or a cafe, etc. (we are NYers and prefer to walk places whenever possible!) If we have to drive to beaches, that works, but we don't want it to be a long drive, as we will likely go at least 4 of the days we are visiting. What I've been seeing online in Abruzzo is mainly either really dumpy looking or kind of just apartment/condo on the beach that frankly doesn't look much different than if you rented something on the shore in the U.S. I've started to think that maybe since it's not a real tourist destination, there isn't much good inventory. We stayed in a little town called Monopoli in Puglia a few years ago and it was perfect -- located in a lovely old shore town, but close to small coves and beaches. I'd love to discover another town like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
ISO City recs to visit near sea - Abruzzo/Molise region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 2 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 3 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 4 Heli Tour
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 7 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 8 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 9 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 10 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 11 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Estonia Amber
- 15 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 16 Tight Planning?
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 19 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 20 Travel with Teens
- 21 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 22 Personal recommendations where to stay for family of 5 in Sorrento
- 23 One week in Venice - trips
- 24 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 25 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions