We will be spending a week in Italy in early July and are looking for an apartment or house to rent near the ocean. We ideally were targeting Abruzzo, as I have family near Pescara who I would like to visit but don't really care to stay with and also we think it's a lovely region. Trouble is, we're having trouble finding what we are looking for, so I am hoping for suggestions from people who know the area in case we've overlooked particular towns. Our ideal is to be situated in the actual city center so we don't have to drive for dinner or a cafe, etc. (we are NYers and prefer to walk places whenever possible!) If we have to drive to beaches, that works, but we don't want it to be a long drive, as we will likely go at least 4 of the days we are visiting. What I've been seeing online in Abruzzo is mainly either really dumpy looking or kind of just apartment/condo on the beach that frankly doesn't look much different than if you rented something on the shore in the U.S. I've started to think that maybe since it's not a real tourist destination, there isn't much good inventory. We stayed in a little town called Monopoli in Puglia a few years ago and it was perfect -- located in a lovely old shore town, but close to small coves and beaches. I'd love to discover another town like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
ISO City recs to visit near sea - Abruzzo/Molise region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lakes District UK
- 2 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 3 Santorini Airfare - what's a good deal (generally/historically)?
- 4 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 5 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 6 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 9 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 10 Amsterdam + Alps + Tuscany in 2 weeks
- 11 Share Your Smile
- 12 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 13 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 14 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 15 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 16 St Germain
- 17 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives
- 18 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 19 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 20 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 21 Rome Areas to stay
- 22 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 23 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 24 Versailles-How Long to Plan for a Visit to Trianons
- 25 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!