We will be spending a week in Italy in early July and are looking for an apartment or house to rent near the ocean. We ideally were targeting Abruzzo, as I have family near Pescara who I would like to visit but don't really care to stay with and also we think it's a lovely region. Trouble is, we're having trouble finding what we are looking for, so I am hoping for suggestions from people who know the area in case we've overlooked particular towns. Our ideal is to be situated in the actual city center so we don't have to drive for dinner or a cafe, etc. (we are NYers and prefer to walk places whenever possible!) If we have to drive to beaches, that works, but we don't want it to be a long drive, as we will likely go at least 4 of the days we are visiting. What I've been seeing online in Abruzzo is mainly either really dumpy looking or kind of just apartment/condo on the beach that frankly doesn't look much different than if you rented something on the shore in the U.S. I've started to think that maybe since it's not a real tourist destination, there isn't much good inventory. We stayed in a little town called Monopoli in Puglia a few years ago and it was perfect -- located in a lovely old shore town, but close to small coves and beaches. I'd love to discover another town like that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
ISO City recs to visit near sea - Abruzzo/Molise region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Ireland or Scotland
- 4 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 5 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 6 Autumn in Paris
- 7 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 8 Weekend in Norfolk
- 9 Athens at New Years
- 10 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 11 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?
- 12 Visiting Mostar, Bosnia and Kotor, Montenegro from Croatia
- 13 Cotswold Churches
- 14 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 15 3 weeks in France starting in burgundy
- 16 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 17 Have you ever stayed in Praiano?
- 18 How much time in Amsterdam?
- 19 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 20 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 21 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 22 Ireland: Which region and where to go? (1st timer)
- 23 London Trip Travel
- 24 Croatia, Slovenia, Salzburg and Prague 3 week Trip Report
- 25 I dream of Europe