My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 2 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 3 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 4 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 5 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 6 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 7 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 8 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 9 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 12 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 9 days in turkey
- 15 Burg Eltz
- 16 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 17 Germany-berlin marathon
- 18 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 19 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 20 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 21 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 22 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 23 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 24 itinerary help
- 25 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014