My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 2 Bringing home a bottle of scotch
- 3 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 4 Car rentals in France
- 5 suggestions for Swiss cattle drives
- 6 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 7 From Schipol to ?
- 8 South of France - TR in Pictures
- 9 18 days until first time in France - overwhelmed by choices!
- 10 2 weeks in France next May
- 11 Trip report: (hidden) gems of England
- 12 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 13 Republic of San Marino
- 14 Looking for beautiful area in the Alps similar to Wengen/Murren
- 15 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 16 Cloest Rome train station to FCO
- 17 Driving from Venice to Pesaro
- 18 Those Thalys' GI Heroes Train Fares...
- 19 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 20 What to Wear in Scotland
- 21 Tour guides for Pompeii and Herculaneum
- 22 Advice on our 5 day Itineraries we've come up with for Iceland
- 23 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 24 No AVE Valencia-Cuenca!?! Alternatives?
- 25 Car ferry service from Italy to sicily
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area