My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are Munich and Vienna too similar for same trip?
- 2 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 5 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 6 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 7 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 8 Where to stay in Italy for a month in Oct/Nov
- 9 One in Paris ... help
- 10 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks
- 11 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 12 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 13 Dolomites October 14-18
- 14 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 15 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 16 Seville Itinerary
- 17 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 18 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 19 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 20 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 21 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 22 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 23 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 24 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 25 Athens or So. Spain in winter
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area