My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Southern Spain
- 2 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 3 Museums in Berlin
- 4 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 7 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 8 Schengen Visa Rules
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 12 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 13 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 14 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 15 Switzerland's Iconic Postal Buses...A Whole Different Switzerland!
- 16 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 17 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 18 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 19 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 20 5 Observations About Paris
- 21 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 22 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 23 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 24 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 25 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne