My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Italy
- 2 Frankfurt to UK
- 3 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 4 Milan or Turin
- 5 Spanish Medical Providers
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 10 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 11 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 12 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 13 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 14 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 15 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 16 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 17 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 18 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 19 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 22 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 23 9 Days in Spain
- 24 Barcelona alternative
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area