My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 4 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 5 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 6 Bernina Express mid-March
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 where to stay in London?
- 11 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 12 vienna
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 15 Questions about Polish sights
- 16 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 17 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 18 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Juangfrau / mt
- 21 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 22 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 25 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area