My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 7 day Italy itinerary and storing luggage in train station
- 2 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 3 A week driving in Bavaria
- 4 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 5 Travel from Germany to Switzerland
- 6 Parma hotels - Pacchiosi or Rosa Prati
- 7 written guide for Olympia
- 8 PLITVICE LAKES
- 9 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 10 Naxos hotel question
- 11 Where in Europe for 15 full days from 21 Oct to 6 Nov 2016?
- 12 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 13 Avignon or St. remy
- 14 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 15 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 16 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 17 Camino Redux
- 18 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 19 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 20 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 21 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 22 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 23 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 24 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 25 Charming hotel in Milan?
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area