My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Euro Train
- 3 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 4 Belgium
- 5 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 6 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 7 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 8 Are they doing this yet in Paris and Rome?
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Trulli Foodie Puglia-two weeks to eat through!!!
- 11 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 15 Is there a Morning Ferry from Mykonos to Paros in late May on a Friday?
- 16 Chambermaid tipping
- 17 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 18 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 19 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 20 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 21 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 22 Taxi Availability from Bus Station
- 23 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 24 Apartments in Rome
- 25 Which travel plan?