My husband and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and are planning a trip for mid to late June - without our kids! We wanted to go somewhere that neither of us have been. We love the beach and water - but would like some alternative activities - biking, snorkeling, sightseeing, treking, in addition to the beach. A cruise of the Mediteraneean region seemed like a great deal - in part because I wouldn't have to worry about planning our schedule and we wouldn't have to drive (I hate driving). Someone suggested instead of taking a cruise from Barcelona, to go to Sitgis and take day trips from there, or a ferry trip over to Mairoca. Someone else suggested Croatia. My husband has been to Greece a few times, so we crossed that off the list. Even though he has been to Turkey, he would go back that is on the list. And then since I have family in Sicily, there was also a suggestion to work Amalfi Coast and Sicily into the trip. I have been to Italy, but my husband hasn't and I would go back. We have about 10 days in mid to late June. We plan on using miles to get from east coast of US to Europe - so could fly in / out of different airports. I would love to hear creative suggestions of mixing a beach vacation with a little adventure in more than one location????
Thanks in advance!
ISO advice for mix of beach / active vacation in Med. area
- 1 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 2 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 3 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 4 Driving through Europe
- 5 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 6 Getting the best our of Europe
- 7 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 8 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 9 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 10 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 11 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 12 Palio Parking
- 13 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 14 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 15 Oxford to Rye
- 16 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 17 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 18 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 19 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 20 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 21 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 22 italy itinerary for comments
- 23 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 24 Extra screening at immigration
- 25 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?