I am traveling to Scotland in July with my wife and two kids (aged 8 and 3.5 years). We are visiting the Isle of Arran where we are staying for about 3.5 days (July 20th-23rd). The question I have is whether this is enough or is it too much. We will be having a car while there and plan to drive around the island visiting the sites, going to the beach and on one of the days take the ferry to drive down the Mull of Kintyre. The other alternative is to stay 2.5 days on Arran (not do Kintyre) and stay a night in Loch Lomond or Glasgow before continuing onto Stirling and Edinburgh.
Thank you to all the members on this forum who have been immensely helpful before and appreciate all the inputs and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 2 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 3 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 4 9 Days in Spain
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 11 Paris to Italy
- 12 Driving through Paris
- 13 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 14 May Day 2018 in Slovenia
- 15 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 16 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Road trip with our dog
- 20 Frankfurt to UK
- 21 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 22 One last lunch in Rome - recommendations near Vatican City please
- 23 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 24 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 25 Electrical Power Conversion