I am traveling to Scotland in July with my wife and two kids (aged 8 and 3.5 years). We are visiting the Isle of Arran where we are staying for about 3.5 days (July 20th-23rd). The question I have is whether this is enough or is it too much. We will be having a car while there and plan to drive around the island visiting the sites, going to the beach and on one of the days take the ferry to drive down the Mull of Kintyre. The other alternative is to stay 2.5 days on Arran (not do Kintyre) and stay a night in Loch Lomond or Glasgow before continuing onto Stirling and Edinburgh.
Thank you to all the members on this forum who have been immensely helpful before and appreciate all the inputs and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 2 K-Day
- 3 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 4 UK Visa Help
- 5 Cell Phone Question
- 6 Skye to Edinburgh
- 7 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 8 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 9 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 10 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 11 Chime in on Portugal Itineraryy
- 12 Spain in December
- 13 advance tickets?
- 14 Help required with Itinerary
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 17 Greek Islands (small)
- 18 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 19 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 20 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 21 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 22 tickets for the Tower's Ceremony of the Keys
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 25 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?