I am traveling to Scotland in July with my wife and two kids (aged 8 and 3.5 years). We are visiting the Isle of Arran where we are staying for about 3.5 days (July 20th-23rd). The question I have is whether this is enough or is it too much. We will be having a car while there and plan to drive around the island visiting the sites, going to the beach and on one of the days take the ferry to drive down the Mull of Kintyre. The other alternative is to stay 2.5 days on Arran (not do Kintyre) and stay a night in Loch Lomond or Glasgow before continuing onto Stirling and Edinburgh.
Thank you to all the members on this forum who have been immensely helpful before and appreciate all the inputs and suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 Tracking the Weather
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 6 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 7 barcelona neighborhood
- 8 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 9 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Les Invalides Night Show
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Which Day?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 23 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)