Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 2 Shipping Prosecco
- 3 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 4 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 5 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 6 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 7 Your favourite places in Bath
- 8 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 9 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 10 Italy and Croatia
- 11 Europe Tour with Kids
- 12 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 13 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 14 Lakes District UK
- 15 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 16 Kimhe--flamenco
- 17 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 18 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 19 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 20 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 21 Italy 14 days
- 22 First timers travelling through Italy, Switzerland and France in Feb/March
- 23 One night Athens-what area to stay in.?
- 24 Best way to get from paris to florence?
- 25 Swiss lakes with elderly relatives