Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 2 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 5 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 8 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 9 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 10 Spain/Costa de Sol Please identify picture
- 11 London visit
- 12 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 13 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 14 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 15 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 16 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 17 Greece Italy and Turkey
- 18 men's shoes spain
- 19 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 20 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 21 Edinburgh GTG, April?
- 22 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 23 21 Days in Central Europe
- 24 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 25 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?