Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 2 Vacation Pictures
- 3 US Debit Cards and European ATMs
- 4 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 5 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 6 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 7 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 8 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 9 Help!! Need to pick up train tickets in France and credit card stolen
- 10 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 11 Trip to Italy
- 12 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 13 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 14 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 15 1st time in Spain w/ 3 Children 8years and under - Help with itinery please
- 16 Day trips in 3 countries bordering Germany
- 17 Automatic car rental in Italy: Dollar or Thrifty?
- 18 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 19 Granada, Spain hotel choice
- 20 Seven days in London, June, 2014
- 21 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 22 Scotland day tour
- 23 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 24 New Discoveries at Ostia Antica.
- 25 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight