Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 2 Raining in rome
- 3 3 weeks in Sicily
- 4 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 5 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 6 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 7 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 8 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 9 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 10 Fabulous Palermo
- 11 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 12 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 15 Portugal in January
- 16 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 17 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 18 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 19 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 20 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 21 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 22 Naxos in May
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)