Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London tube
- 2 Paris to Rome
- 3 bath or york
- 4 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 5 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 Lavender Fields
- 8 collioure to cadaques with Inntravel: advice for flight and travel before
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 11 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 12 Local Tour in Provence?
- 13 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 14 Ste Remy France
- 15 car rental info
- 16 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 17 Landscape in Languedoc, in the Herault region ?
- 18 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 19 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 20 A drive in Europe
- 21 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 24 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 25 3.5 days in Andalucia