Ischia is lovely and interesting and large. If you are going for the day which I would recommend staying for atleast 3 days, get on the bus which runs from il Porto to Sant'Angelo, get off in Sant angelo (you may never want to leave) walk around the town, up and down the winding little streets, get back on the next bus, get off in Lacco Ameno, if you still have time you can check out Casamicciola but if you are running short on time go back to il Porto walk around town until your ferry is ready to leave. Forio is a convenient location with alot of hotels but I did not explore it it, maybe you can get a good rate for a hotel there or at il Porto. I would never send anyone to Capri after having visited Ischia. Capri is just a place to take some nice pictures whereas Ischia is surely a place I will visit again and stay for at least a week next time. You can hire a private taxi for 30Euro but the bus is better if you have time to explore,. We took the only daily hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento and I think it took 50 mins there are many ferries that run to Naples and back and you can then catch the train to Sorrento if you get stuck.
Ischia, what a difference from Capri
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 2 Central London Hotels
- 3 First Trip to Europe
- 4 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 5 Skip the line at Vatican museum?
- 6 ITALY
- 7 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 8 Marmaris Hotel with ferry transfer
- 9 Globus Tours
- 10 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 11 Itinerary Check: Zurich, Munich, Prague, VIenna and Berlin in 20 Days
- 12 Help for San Sebastian
- 13 Looking for a month long vacation rental in France
- 14 3 days in Rome
- 15 Aix-en-Provence to Paris
- 16 2 Days in Rome
- 17 Travel Time from St. Pancras to Paddington
- 18 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 19 CNN votes Utrecht the worlds best cycling city
- 20 Best location for Prague hotel?
- 21 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 22 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 23 Ireland Itinerary Feedback Please
- 24 Travel & Landscape Photography from around the world
- 25 There's no Place Like London: Part 1